Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What should i use?

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts

which type of shampoo would be most effective off the dreadlockshampoo site? The bar tpes or the liquid types? my hair still isnt to long yet, maybe about 3 inches. I have been using dr bronners for awhile, should i use one of the dreadlockshampoos? or BS/ACV? give me your opinions. I want to stick with 1 method of washing my hair

updated by @teddyjo: 01/13/15 09:36:37PM
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I would also like to know which one people prefer, the liquid or the bar?

I used the BS/ACV for the first month of dreading (and probably about 4 months before) and it's amazing. So that's a good option.

I stopped using it recently though and started using soap haha, and I feel like its sped up my dreading by a lot. I use black soap right now, but it doesn't really matter what sorta soap you use as long as it's residue free. So if it's easy for you you can just keep using the Dr. Bronners. I used to use Dr. Bronners straight from the bottle and it left residue, so make sure you're diluting it!

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts

i have a 30 fl oz spray bottle and fill it up with soap with about 4 fl oz of dr bronners and the rest with water. I also bought some essential oils that i wanna try using with the BS/ACV.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if young the liquicds gonna probly be best or bakingsoda

i love love love the bars

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I've used both the bars and the liquid shampoos. They're both fantastic and they all smell yummy! I just switched back to bs/acv with tea tree, rosemary and lavender oils tho. I was having a lot of flakes and itching. The bars and liquids worked great for my dreads jut not my scalp. That may have been me tho, I may not have been rinsing thoroughly enough. I'm going to try the tea tree/rosemary bar next and see if my scalp does the same thing again.I would keep experimenting with different washing methods and see what works best then stick with it.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I alternated every wash for 6-ish months.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Me too!!! I'll start using them again... Maybe slowly integrate them back into my routine. I just know my scalp is very happy now just using bs/acv. And oils.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form