Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dreadlocks and change of plans.

Zach G
@zach-g
12 years ago
3 posts

Hello everyone! I just joined this site, so forgive me if i'm posting this in the wrong place. I just had a few questions about my locks.

Well, i started out with knottyboys bacombing + wax method (dumb idea), and after a month they looked horrible, everything was completely unravelling and i ended up backcombing for a second time (again, dumb idea)

my question is this..
I only added wax to my hair a few times, and a tiny ammount of it. I know there's probably some wax left in my hair, and i want to know how exactly i should go about getting it out?
Also, i've read up much on backcombing & palm rolling and i am a little nervous here.
I've decided to never add wax to my hair again and i've been using knottyboys tightening gel, should i continue to use that? It doesn't seem damaging to me, but i might be wrong... and should i completely stop palm rolling and just let my dreads do their thing? Would that work since i started with the back combing/palm rolling method?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :]

updated by @zach-g: 01/13/15 09:36:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome 1st of all you dont need or want any products and wax b gones your best bet at removing wax\wax removals a 3 step process for best results

soak in vinager

use very hot water and dawn didsh soap (lots)

use wax b gone then dawn/hot water

and repeat untill long after your convinced its all gone

yea just stop palm rolling stop messing with em just let em do teir thing

oh wax b gone can be found on http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zach G
@zach-g
12 years ago
3 posts

thank you very very much, man. gonna step away from all the products, probably just throw em out and do that cleaning soon. Gonna love them frizzies and loosies and just enjoy this process. =)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

now thats a plan worth havin

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Welcome Zach!! Yup dreads should be no maintenance. A wash and go thing. Check out the dread maintenance page..the baking soda/sea salt ration page and some timelines to start. Lots and lots of excellent info and great pics. You could maybe try sending the KnottyBoy products back to see if you can get at least a partial refund. Then use that money to invest in some dreadlockshampoo.com stuff. Amazing products there!

haha I used 2 words that we say we don't need..maintenance and products! Word play!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form