Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is anything suppose to be happening?

joe smith
@joe-smith
12 years ago
11 posts

I have been trying to dread my hair for about 4-5 weeks now and nothing has happened. i use a shampoo that says on it that it is organic, vegan and has no sles,sls and no petrochemical things on the bottle. ive looked at other peoples neglect timelines and see that they have at least a few dreads appearing and my hair looks the same, it has no change whatsoever. Am i doing anything wrong or should i get a new shampoo.

updated by @joe-smith: 01/13/15 09:36:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just cause its natural dont mean its good for dreads its probly too conditioning and leaves residues also how longs the hair and how are u washing and drying

try www.dreadlockshampoo.com or the baking soda recipe

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Everything Eagle already said. It's a common misconception that natural soaps are good for natural hair. But locks need a soap that doesn't leave residue and don't condition your hair.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

agree with checking out other shampoo options, but also keep in mind not everyone will be seeing progress that quickly. look at more timelines. look at butterfly (who took a year to see even small results), baba who also took around a year for progress, my timeline is also on the slower end, i got my first tiny knot/loop at 6 months 20 days then nothing else until recently (around 8 months) but still very small very subtle changes. sometimes it takes a long good amount of time. give it all the time it needs. love your hair no matter the progress or lack thereof, live your life & forget about the fact your are trying for dreads, when you least expect it something will pop up & surprise you.

joe smith
@joe-smith
12 years ago
11 posts

my hair is about 4-4.5 inches when i wash i put the shampoo in my hair and keep it in there for about 1 minute to a minute and a half then i soak it out. when i dry and just put the towel on my head and leave there till it is about dry

soaring eagle said:

just cause its natural dont mean its good for dreads its probly too conditioning and leaves residues also how longs the hair and how are u washing and drying

try www.dreadlockshampoo.com or the baking soda recipe

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

you may need some more length on there too, i think 6 inches is about right, but just keep on as if you had dreads & when they reach that length maybe they'll take off, of even sooner perhaps. & try skipping the towel, just shake or squeeze excess water out & air dry.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea u need more length absolutely also dont bother with the towel at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form