Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Yet another new journey.

Boston Blanchard
@boston-blanchard
12 years ago
5 posts

Today marks exactly three weeks from the day that I decided to dread. I have never had dreads, and therefore have many questions. I hear this is the place to get the answers.

As with many people that I have seen on here, I have decided to start these dreads due to spiritual reasons. Three weeks ago, I had my first truly personal spiritual experience. I entered the Temple of Juno at Burning Man -if you are familiar with the temple at burning man, then you know the significance, and power, of the temple; if not, I highly suggest you look into it- as I walked around the courtyard of the temple, I read the powerful words written by others. I read heartfelt goodbyes to deceased loved ones; letters of forgiveness, and damnation, for broken relationships; and stories of personal struggle and overcoming. Last year, I wrote many goodbyes to passed friends and family. This year I was lucky and had no goodbyes to write. I did, however, feel that I had been carrying a lot of negativity, and resentment with me. I sat in the dirt next to a box full of small blocks of wood covered in writing that was to be burned. I had a blank block of wood in my hand and began to write. "Today all is forgiven. Today I start over new. Today I will let the the wind and the dust carry away all negativity that I carry with me. I am loving awareness." Still seated, I tossed the block into the bin with all of the others. As soon as the block landed, my girlfriend wrapped herself around me and a huge wind arose, bringing with it a massive whirlwind of dust that engulfed the temple before disappearing into the sky just beyond us.I knew at that moment, I had manifested the tornado of dust to carry everything away. The spiritual energy continued to build through the rest of the day. The next morning, I knew that I was changed. I decided then that I would begin to start the locks as a timeline of my spiritual progress through life. And so it began.

That day proved to be one of the most powerful days of my life. I am beyond excited for the journey ahead.

It has been a blessing to read some of the other stories on here, and to know that there are many others who tie such a powerful connection to their locks.

Blessings

Boston

updated by @boston-blanchard: 01/13/15 09:36:04PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm excited for you to. As I bet we all are. Dreadlocks do bring with them a spiritual feeling. That ability to just let go and be who you were meant to be.

I hope to make it out to Burning Man one day. I;m sure I'd love it as much as you do. It just seems like the place for me.

Keep the journey going, and if you get some chances, post pics. They don't have to be of just your locks. I'd love to see any of Burning man, if you took any

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

cool congrats

ive been going to rainbow gatheeings for ..well..ever ..25-28 years at a guess

but never was interestes in burningman cause its too damn expensive (rainv=bows always free..in every way) and its just baking in the dessert ..and round that time of year its hot enough high up on a mountaintop

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form