Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Empire Dreadlock Accelerator

SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
12 years ago
37 posts
Now I'm asking about this product because it came with a dread kit I purchased last year when I unfortunately backcombed and waxed. I've learnt from my mistake and am growing neglect dreads. Is this product safe for neglect dreads? I know I can make my own 'dreadlock accelerator' but i'm just thinking I could use it since I have it.
The ingredients list contains:
Purified Aqua
Aloe
Barbadensis Gel (this is the thing that i'm worried about)
Alcohol
Sea Salt
Panthenol (Vitamin B)
Polysorbate 20
Lime oil
Citrus acid
Now I know there has been a post on this before, but nobody mentioned the Barbadensis Gel! What is this stuff and can it build up in my dreads?
My second question is if indeed I can use it, should I use it pre-wash for 2 hours or so then wash (as i've heard not to leave sea salt in your hair for extended amounts of time). Or should I wash and then use it and leave it in? (as it suggests)
Thanks a lot people

updated by @spaceghost: 01/13/15 09:35:58PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well first... Have you done a few wax removal sessions, at least? Wax won't wash out in normal soap and water. It takes some scrubbing and time to get it all out.

Second, Any products you put in your hair other than soap and water, and maybe some sea salt negates the idea of natural locks.

Barbadensis is in the palm family. It's closely related to aloe. It will condition your locks, but in the process, it will actually make them hard to knot and slow down your process. I'm not sure about it leaving residue, but it is just not good for helping them lock, anyway

SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
12 years ago
37 posts

Ok Baba, probably wont use it then, may just tip it out and fill the bottle with homemade sea-salt stuff eventually.

And by the way I cut my waxy locks off 9 months ago, lol. Wax free now

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Think I'd also be worried about the alcohol it it too!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats an odd mix of conditioners and drying agents that would work against eachother it probly would dry u more then condition but it seems odd to have all those indgredients working against eachother

id worry bout the citrus as well

id just rather make my own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form