Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wool dread extensions

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
12 years ago
91 posts

My mom gave me some raw (but cleaned) alpaca wool to use as dread extensions/colored tips since I don't want to dye my hair but want some length and color. The problem is I can't for the life of me figure out how to put the suckers in. I would like to have them be extensions/falls-whatever that is. That way they arepermanentenough and I don't have to take them in and out all the time. I somehow got one to stay by crocheting and palm rolling it in but for some reason that isn't working for any of the other ones I am trying to attach. I might just not know how to use a crochet hook properly, since this is the first time I have attempted to use one, but I watched a bunch of videos and I think I'm doing it right??

I couldn't find much on attaching wool though, so I'm wondering can you crochet wool directly to natural dreads? If not, why? and how would I attach them? I don't want to glue. I'm considering going to sally's and getting those clamp things but I don't know if they will be big enough and it might look really weird since its on the ends of dreads instead of the root of normal hair..

in short (after that long rant) help!! I want pretty torquise extensions and wool dyes well (plus I already have it)

updated by @aya-heartright: 01/13/15 09:35:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

instead just do a wrap the wrap dont gotta end where the dread ends and can be way l0nger

wook dreads i would think will start to smell funbky abd ger that wet wool smell

plus id never recomend using a crochet hook

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
12 years ago
91 posts

I ended up sewing them in. It seemed to be the least distructive, and I used colorful thread so I can just cut it out when I am done.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form