Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Facilitating knots?

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts

I've wanted dreads for about 8 years and with my 24th birthday in less than a week, I'm finally ready to start. I'm going the natural route and today is day 2 of not brushing my hair and I think I have a couple little baby dreads forming already ^.^

My hair knots pretty fast as it is. I used to have to brush my hair 2-5 times a day and it was always a pain. My question is, would it help or hinder the process if I did things I KNOW will make my hair knot? Things like driving with the windows down or roughing it up with a towel after a shower.

updated by @hayleyb124: 01/13/15 09:35:05PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

ooo you shall have some awesome progress with hair that knots like that! can't wait to see your journey <3

driving with the windows down & just letting your hair fly free is great, but i think towel drying actually undoes more knots than it helps along.

& happy birthday! :)

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts

I was just thinking about that, the towel thing. Maybe I'll switch to whipping my hair around a few times and just letting it dry on it's own.

Thanks for the birthday wish :)

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

np ;)

& yeah most ppl shake a bit then drip/air dry

HayleyB124 said:

I was just thinking about that, the towel thing. Maybe I'll switch to whipping my hair around a few times and just letting it dry on it's own.

Thanks for the birthday wish :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if its dreading in a day anything hat speeds up the dreading will speed up congoing and u will be fighting all day every day to prevent a massive unidread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

ah good point. i don't have to deal with anything like that on my own head lol.

my daughters hair requires brushing a couple times daily & just sitting in her carseat to the store or taking a short nap messes the back up enough to create 2-3 little baby dreadies further along than mine lol. she slept on my wool pillowcase once & I NEVER let that happen again, she had a huge beavertail all matted up on the back of her head. took forever to work through hah

soaring eagle said:

if its dreading in a day anything hat speeds up the dreading will speed up congoing and u will be fighting all day every day to prevent a massive unidread

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Happy almost birthday!! Check out the dreaducation page and the discussion Baking soda and sea salt ratios. They're full of excellent information. And welcome to your journey!!
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
Ooooh yeah. Congoing is not something I want to happen. I do have to drive with my windows down though because I'm always blasting my heater so my van won't overheat (it doesn't like summer). Other than that I'll probably just leave my hair alone aside from washing and separating. Thanks everyone!
Enverzo
@enverzo
12 years ago
4 posts

Best of luck....

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form