Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

will it still work?

Joshua O'Connor
@joshua-oconnor
15 years ago
32 posts
right i wish i had gone for the neglect method but fell into the trap so i have backcombed hair now,, ive removed the bands and the wax that was in a few of them,,, but my dreads have"tails" where the bands were like hair that hasnt been backcombed,, will these lock up?,, also with my hair in the backcombed dread way will it still lock up if i leave it alone from now on?,, they have been in for 2 and a half weeks now
updated by @joshua-oconnor: 01/13/15 08:29:16PM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
well your at a crossroads, but ill give you my opinion,on one hand you could decide to undo your dreads with alot of conditioner and start over however you choose.you say the wax was only in a few of them? doesn't sound to bad to me, and the bands probably weren't in long enough to have any kind of lasting affect. You could just let them be and see how you like it. the tails you mentioned, how long are they?in my case I had long thin tips that either never dreaded but were too thin to stay normal so they receded to where my dreads were stronger at, or they just kinda always stay wispy at the end. later if you feel you want them 2 be blunt you can do that to.
Joshua O'Connor
@joshua-oconnor
15 years ago
32 posts
yeah i have noticed a fair bit of change in the last few days,, took the bands off on monday and already they feel soo much nicer eh put the wax and that in the bin,, now using the dreadhead soap but watered down cos i have it here ,, suppose everyone goes thru this stage eh ,, part of the fun when u wake up one day and look in th mirror and they look better than last week :P haha
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
15 years ago
155 posts
I would just leave your dreads alone. since you took off the bands and got the wax out. They will lock up it just takes patience. To tell you the truth I didnt even consider my dreads to be dreads till around 8 months. Good luck on a long a beautiful journey.Dont backcomb twice!
Joshua O'Connor
@joshua-oconnor
15 years ago
32 posts
thanks guys :),, i get alot of negatives at my work but the boss's dont mind so ok with me :),, haha but all my friends love them,, some think im crazy tho,, but as i read om this forum its a good ay of blocking out the assholes in ure life
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form