Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hey everyone

Joshua O'Connor
@joshua-oconnor
15 years ago
32 posts
hi guys my name is josh im 19 from scotland and these are my first dreads,, ive had them in for 2 weeks now and i fell into the trap of buying the kit and backcombing which hurt alot :(,,, before i started i wish i had seen this forum,, ive had them backcombed by a friend and bands put on the tips,, ive only used wax once so i think i cud be okay with stopping now without having to undo wht i have already,, anyways what i wanna know is now they are in place with bands there is loose hair all around my head so would i be best to just leave it not add any products and let it go its own route from here?,, will the loose hair go into the dreads? and will my dreads form even tho backcombed?
updated by @joshua-oconnor: 01/13/15 08:29:14PM
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Welcome brother!Dont worry about it too much.You may need a wax removal down the road but if you really only did it once it is unlikely.Backcombing is really only going to give you temporary dreads. If you keep maintaining them with similar methods all you are doing is maintaining manmade dreads until the natural process takes over.If you just let them go for now they will most likely fall out of their temporary knots and knot on their own in the sections your hair prefers. Some people's hair knots really quickly so their hair dreads while it is still mostly backcombed together. This gives the illusion that backcombing "makes" dreads. Its just circumstantial.Let it do what it does and the hair will eventually find its home among the emerging locks. Be patient and don't let anyone tell you you do not have dreads because you aren't "making" them. Everyones hair will dread without brushing it so evryone's hair is in a perpetual state of trying to dread. Just allow your hair to dread at its pace.Of course there are relatively safe alternatives like twist and rip if you really can't wait. Its a wonderful exercise in patience though and so rewarding to see natural progress. You and nature have co-created a blueprint for yourself. All you have to do is allow it to grow and evolve.Good luck brother.Lots of loveDidjP.S.I am sure someone else can post relevant links for you, I am on my way out the door. Peace
Joshua O'Connor
@joshua-oconnor
15 years ago
32 posts
yeah i really only waxed once and didnt do them all cos i ran out of time,, so only done front half,,, so if i take my elastic bands out and let my hair do what it wants it should be alright?
Joshua O'Connor
@joshua-oconnor
15 years ago
32 posts
thanks for you replies guys,,, im just in process of removing bands as i type haha,, does it actually burn like? thought shit dont burn :L hahahah,,, i feel foolish for not researching first eh,, is it okay to keep under a hat while its knotting? cos i gotta wear a hat at work to keep dirt out
Joshua O'Connor
@joshua-oconnor
15 years ago
32 posts
cheers :),, how do i go about making the soda shampoo and the aloe stuff,, there a section with that in it on the forum?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form