dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New here and to dreads

kirby griffin
@kirby-griffin
12 years ago
4 posts

Hey there. I'm Kirby, 22 and male.

I want to naturally dread my hair. Its only about 3 or 4 inches long but i want them to start growing in as my hair does. I do not wash my hair(maybe once a month if it itches). I have curly thick hair and if i wash it I have a fro. It feels like I have the same curls everyday and I did touch my hair a lot and twist them.

What it looks like now. http://imgur.com/o6afL

I plan to start theprocesswith bs wash 2 or 3 times a week now. Any tips/links for thick curly hair is greatlyappreciated

updated by @kirby-griffin: 01/13/15 09:34:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just wash more and let it do its thing seperate as they start to eat eachother

biotin helps it grow faster too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kirby griffin
@kirby-griffin
12 years ago
4 posts

Ill look into biotin. Lookingforwardto first bs washe to see all the gunk come out!

soaring eagle said:

just wash more and let it do its thing seperate as they start to eat eachother

biotin helps it grow faster too

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yeah, just wash 2-3 times a week and let them go. When they start to section themselves off, just separate. I posted a vid on basic separation. It's worth a look when they start to come together.

What gunk is in your hair?

kirby griffin
@kirby-griffin
12 years ago
4 posts

Just grease and oil. I dont currently wash my hair because then its anafro.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Gotcha. The curliness from an afro will tend to help knots for faster though. Do you blow dry your hair, or just let it air dry?

kirby griffin
@kirby-griffin
12 years ago
4 posts

I normally dry my hair by putting a towel over my head and grabbing handfuls of hair at a time. Had an exgf show me this and it makes my curls much better and less frizzy

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's ok for squeezing excess water out, but are you lust squeezing them, or are your pulling the towel down while around them?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form