dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting My Journey

Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt
12 years ago
13 posts

hey guys,

So I'm about 12 hours from beginning my dreadlock journey. I've stopped brushing my hair to let it section itself out and tomorrow im going to begin the process of twist and rip to start my dreads off. I've wanted dreads for quite a few years, and feel that I am now ready to take the first step in this long and hopefully rewarding journey. I'm so glad i found this site, and the information on it, it really helped educate me on the process and i now feel confident enough to undertake this process.

I just wanted tointroducemyself and let you know that this site helped me alot already, and i plan to hang around for quite awhile as my dreads and I continue to grow. Feel free to offer any further advice you have, and don't worry I'll be sure to keep on updated.

updated by @chuck-hunt: 01/13/15 09:32:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well you know u dont have to tnr it will dread without doing that

bu6 if your deas set on starting them yourself then thats the way to gp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Lol yeah I did tnr like a week ago and most have fallen out and have started doing other things the others kinda look like spiral braids >.< thought about brushing it out and letting it go, and just decided idc and am letting it do it's thing.

soaring eagle said:

well you know u dont have to tnr it will dread without doing that

bu6 if your deas set on starting them yourself then thats the way to gp

Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt
12 years ago
13 posts

They are only a few hours old, and pretty frizzy, but with all curly and thick my hair was i was expecting that. Overall I'm happy, now to keep them clean and let them mature

updated by @chuck-hunt: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thry look awesome if u got elastics in tho take em out

--
Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt
12 years ago
13 posts

I used elastics to help section, but i removed them from each section before i TnRed it. So I'm all good there

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

was just making sure i didnt see any tho they came out awesome tho

congrats and start a timeline

--
Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt
12 years ago
13 posts

Thanks, and I will

HippyFish
@hippyfish
12 years ago
76 posts

Cool, looks like you did a good job. When I did mine I made some small ones as well, in time when they lock up tight they will get much thicker... about equal to the size of the base of the dread. Good luck on your journey!

Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt
12 years ago
13 posts

Thank you. I've wanted dreads for so long, but i was ignorant of the true process and was always worried about having to put chemicals or wax in my hair. I'm just glad i found this site and learned that there was a much better way to create beautiful dreads. I only wish I had found it sooner, lol

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form