Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BS mix VS Lockin-up shampoo

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

So lately I have been washing my hair with the Lockin-Up Dragons Blood Dreadlock Shampoo and I have seen awesome things start to happen to my hair. Lots of separation and my hair looks GREAT!!!

I decided today to go with a BS mix and ACV rinse.

After my hair dried my pretty sections are almost gone and my hair is really fluffy and weird, I don't like it.

Should I just go back to using the Lockin-Up Shampoo from now on?

Why did the BS mix and ACV rinse make my hair like this? :/

updated by @mamakittylove: 01/13/15 09:31:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how did u do it how much of everything u maybe did it wrong or used too much acv

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Everyone is different and the water that everyone uses to wash their hair is equally different.

I have used the BS/ACV and, although it worked for me, I like using Dr. Bronner's better. I've used the dragon's blood and nag champa liquid shampoos and I still went back to the Bronner's because it made my baby dreads too soft and loosened them up. I like to add a little of the dreadlock shampoos to my Bronners for smell and, eventually, once my dreads are mature, I will definitely be trying the shampoo bars however, I have experimented and found what works best for me. And you will be the judge as to what you like best based on experimentation.

As for what happened to your hair... maybe the no touch method does not agree with it? Maybe the acv made it too soft and fluffy? Not entirely sure. Your hair combined with your water type must really like the locking up liquids.

So, it sounds like the locking up liquid is the winner in your case and, since you have it, just keep using it. :)

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

I used 1/2 cup of bs with 5 cups of water and 1tbsp with 1qt of water.

soaring eagle said:

how did u do it how much of everything u maybe did it wrong or used too much acv

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

that sounds perfect u rinsed the bs b4 u did acv right and no scrubbing? well since the measurements are perfect id say going back to the shampoo is best for u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kid Ayn Gibran
@kid-ayn-gibran
12 years ago
25 posts

ACV is a conditioner in a way. For me, even when using a small amount it softens my hair and when my dreads were just starting that meant some hairs were falling out of the dread. Go with what works best for you....or experiment by using less and less ACV.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form