Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help, I'm knotting in all the wrong places!

Heidi Wright
@heidi-wright
12 years ago
9 posts

Okay, so I'm doing just like I'm supposed to and the knots are loosening and coming out and reknotting. I get it, it'd doing like it should. BUT, the knots are coming from hair on different parts of my head instead of sections. I get strands from the right side, knotting with the left, etc. The whole back is sectioning, but different sections are knotting with sections 2 or 3 sections away if this makes sense. Also, the part right above my neck wants to dread in 1 dread going all the way across the back of my head, kind of following my hairline. I'm trying to separate this but it goes right back to dreading all together. Also, very tight to my scalp. What do I do with this? How can I keep the sections from knotting together? If it helps, I have very thin, fine hair that knots very easily. Hence one of the reasons I decided to dread in the first place. It only made sense to let my hair do what it wants to do, especially since I've always loved the look of dreads. Just waiting for mine to actually look like dreads and not just messy hair.

updated by @heidi-wright: 01/13/15 09:31:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you will just have to seperate often and adding beads can help somewhat too

if yiuv bwear a tam or anyth8ng alot it might be encouraging the knotti8ng in crazy ways

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form