Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

show short is too short?

Charlie Boston
@charlie-boston
12 years ago
6 posts

hi there guys! just a newbie to the site and dreading! just wondering before I go sifting through all this info you have on here, whats the minimum length in general that you can start to form dreads?

updated by @charlie-boston: 02/15/15 02:00:15PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well, there are plenty of people here who shaved their heads and plan to not brush or comb from the very beginning. So if you want to go natural, any length is long enough. Just stop messing with your hair.

If you want to use a starter method, 4 inches is long enough but 5-6 inches will work a little better. The longer your hair, the easier it will knot up faster. Short hair doesn't have as much body to tangle with, but it still does.

I started with hair about 5 inches long and 6 years later my locks are 16 inches long. They do lose some length as they begin to form, but once they start to mature, they grow super fast

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

bald if natural althiugh yiur hair most likely wont dread till 6 inches ..but sometimes will dread shorter

to backcomb or tnr 5 inches yea i know some sites say 3 but only if u gunk it up with wax or crochet it which only makes it look dreaded still wont dread till 6 in=fches properly

biotin supplimemts help it grow faster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Charlie Boston
@charlie-boston
12 years ago
6 posts

so the answer is just leave it feral, thats not really that helpful, i have to keep my job. and u charge way too much to shipyour natural products!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy to keep a job with dreads u have 2 options 1 let them be natural and defend your rights u have thge right to sppiritual and religios expression dreading is a part of that no matter what yiur beliefs are..they cannot make you cut cover or maintain natural dreads by law

on the other hand yiu can go to extremes to make them neat and extremely damaged anything that makes dreads tidy does them extreme harm

and then you have no rights they can tell you to cut cover or even do more maintenance and you have no way to say no

once you give up your rights u have no rights left

all u need to do to keep a job and grow natural dreads is keep them clean tie em back or style them

the soaos u mean thats the cheapest way to ship overseas however its bulk rates so what u do is add to the cart till the shipping rates go up then remove 1 so u get the max that fits in the flat rate box i think its like 4 bars or so

--
Charlie Boston
@charlie-boston
12 years ago
6 posts

soaos????

its just too expensive to justify and i like natural but i don't want to look feral for a year. i wanted it somewhat neat, it seems its not really possible to make that happen cheaply or even really at all for me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no its true just do a search and u see thousands and thousands of cases and the only way they can legaly is if its a real safety hzard like you need to waear a tight fitting oxygen mask

its in the constitution no company policy can contradict constitutional rights

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

soaps

and sure it is just use twist and rip do it yourself

but then like i said you give up yoir rights

they canb then force yiu to do more or cut

most wont though

but once u compromize they can thgen force you to and u have no legal deffence

Charlie Boston said:

soaos????

its just too expensive to justify and i like natural but i don't want to look feral for a year. i wanted it somewhat neat, it seems its not really possible to make that happen cheaply or even really at all for me.

--
Charlie Boston
@charlie-boston
12 years ago
6 posts

I like it!! very much... the words are wise and passionate...

soaring eagle said:

an d besides that

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/the-beauty-of-the-early-...

thats how beautiful the 'FERAL" stage you fear is

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form