Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lock Magic Gel

Jennifer Tiernan
@jennifer-tiernan-bindler
12 years ago
5 posts

I started my dreads two weeks ago - they were started by random section backcombing after that I did nothing... all I have used on my hair is sea salt spray an aloe spray called "drench town" and a dread shampoo also by vital goods ( I have washed one time a week so my hair has been washed exactly twice... I have never been a fan of brushing or washing my hair so I am enjoying my brush free life...) the only issue of annoyance... frizz...but I made a promise to myself and my hair to not use a lot of products but still I wanted to find something to be more effective on the frizz than the drench town spray (which is a great pick-me up but takes too much to control frizz and is a bit sticky) ... I decided to try the Lock Magic gel - I got both the Karma scented and the scent free in case I did not like it.... I am so happy with the frizz control - a little goes a long way and I love the smell of the Karma.... Gonna keep using this stuff for sure and next time I wash I am going to use the shampoo sample I got with my order :) So I would say if you are suffering from frizz try it!

updated by @jennifer-tiernan-bindler: 01/13/15 09:30:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just so u know aloe will slow progress its a conditioner

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tiffany burney
@tiffany-burney
12 years ago
12 posts
I got something similar...it's the JML locking gel ...is this good to use?
Jennifer Tiernan
@jennifer-tiernan-bindler
12 years ago
5 posts

@ SE - yeah just by trial and error I could tell that - I am not using it as often now and I see a difference.

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

My frizz seems to be settling down some now. I did use a little spray of rosemary oil & lavender oil mixed with water and it worked out pretty well. Some days are frizzier than others..... and that's starting to be okay with me.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I love my frizz. This week was exceptionally frizzy because I did the Bronners wash with no aloe, no ACV and no dreadlock shampoo. One thing I noticed about the dl shampoo from Bucks County is that it makes my hair really soft... so I am using it less often. :P

Glad you like the gel though.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form