Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New forum member and new dreads, thanks to my 12 year old daughter

Heidi Wright
@heidi-wright
12 years ago
9 posts

I've wanted dreads for many years, but never really had the nerve. I never remember a time loving my hair, always hated it. Very boring, no matter the style and looks horrible the more I grow it out. I'm hoping now I'll learn to love my hair. I work at home and am a youth pastor, so not really anybody to answer to, besides myself and my family. My husband wasn't thrilled, but he actually says they look better on me than he thought they would. I think I'll have to hide my head for a few weeks, but they are definitely knotty! The back is a hot mess right now, but I realize that is part of the process and I'm so proud of my daughter. She really did a great job.

I first stopped conditioning my hair a couple weeks ago, then started doing the baking soda washes, haven't even used the ACV yet, but may to get some softness in if I feel it is needed. Does the combo help clean the hair better with the reaction between the ACV and the BS? I also make a spray bottle of sea salt and sprayed my hair liberally before drying and doing the twist and rip.

Am I understanding right that at this point I just shower when needed and leave alone? Can I put my hair up in anything right now, a band or scarf etc for maybe church or a concert coming up next week?

Anyway, thought I'd introduce myself and my new baby dreads. I'll be glad to share pictures as my locks progress.

updated by @heidi-wright: 01/13/15 09:30:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

looks good

u dont want the bs and acv to reacte thats wg=hy u rinse the bs b4 u do acv

acv rfestores the ph ballence

if u tye em up do it loosely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heidi Wright
@heidi-wright
12 years ago
9 posts

Thanks, I didn't want to do the ACV right away because I know it can be conditioning. I have very fine hair so didn't want to add anything that would make it softer. Should I use it at my next cleaning? I figure I could help it out by just following up with the salt spray to help the locking process.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

use it but very weak and rinse right away otherwise u get the ph off ballance wich isnt good for hair or scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form