Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is paypal safe?

☽ Jasper ☾
@jasper
12 years ago
29 posts

I've really been wanting to donate to this site since it has saved me from making MAJOR mistakes with my locks but I have never purchased anything online besides college payments and I'm worried about identity theft so basically I'm asking how safe is it to use paypal? Someone talk me into this decade...;)

updated by @jasper: 01/13/15 09:29:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

paypals very safe as long as u use some common sense

1 use a strong password mix of capitals lowerfase numbers and special charachters like !@# and the longer more "mixed up" the pasword the better

as an example a password like Pui*4-Kn6*a@fG4 would literaly take every super computer on earth over a year to crack if they al worked on it together

2nd use a secure browser that supprts 128 otr 256 bit incryption

3 if you get emails that say your paypal accunts in danger veru=ify your info to secur it dont try[ust it instead login to paypal direcly not through the email

paypal itself is very safe thats why its preffered for onl=ine purchases but there are alot of phishing camstargetting patypal accounts with fake emails like that

and thank you for wanting ti donate

u should be ableto with a credit card through the paypak too tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☽ Jasper ☾
@jasper
12 years ago
29 posts

Great information as always SE! Thank you :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Also, when you look at the address bar on your screen, if there is a portion that is green before the rest of the address, there should be a little icon of a lock at the very front of it. This means that it is a secure server. It means you can be relatively certain that you have nothing to worry about. Paypal does have this icon. And many other sites that you put sensitive information in have it too. If you are buying something or using a credit card number at all, and there is no icon of a lock, don't use it. Find another place to buy your item at

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I will only use paypal online and there are a lot of sites that will let you. I'd rather paypal have my banking information than having to input my cc number, exp. date, and security code at each individual site.

Also, I make it a rule not to click a link in any email that is inquiring about ANY account online. There are many times scam artists that will make fake emails and once you click the link it takes you to a mirror site and records your information. If I see an email like this I just open my browser and go directly to the site in question. If you hover over the links in some of these emails you can see that it will go to a website address that looks, at a glance, like the right address but if you pay closer attention it's not. An example would be a link that maybe looks like "paypal.com/user/duckhunt.org/accounts" it looks like it's going to paypal in the first part but the real address is the duckhunt.org... (just a weird example but, I'm sure you get my point.)
A lot of email clients will catch these but there are some that sometimes squeak by. Better to be safe than sorry. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form