Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lice?!!!!

Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
12 years ago
62 posts

I went to work earlier and noticed on of my co-workers had her hair cut. I asked her when and she told me a situation where her friend's kids had lice real bad and bed bugs. She helped her friend treat the kids, but didn't treat herself. She cut her hair along with another friend who helped.

What I'm wondering is since I was around her what are the chances of me getting lice? I'm paranoid about this and have read about using rubbing alcohol and a shower cap to suffocate them, so I will probably do that just in case. I had my hair up and most of it was in a hat when I saw her, but I'm still scared.

One other question is how do I get the sides (sideburns) good? Do I just cover my ears with the cap too?

Do I wash my hair after I rinse the alcohol out too, or just rinse the alcohol? I got the 91% kind to make extra sure (probably doesn't make a difference), but I wanted to be thorough.

updated by @keith-lackey: 01/13/15 09:29:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

lice cant jump unless u rubbed your head against hers theres nothung to worry about

91% is way stri=ong 70% is recomended

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
12 years ago
62 posts

ok it just freaked me out knowing that I was around her. I stopped cutting my hair about 2 years ago and have been letting it dread for a little over a year and a half and didn't want to ruin it from being around someone who didn't seem to care.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form