Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Neglect dreadlock not forming on fine and thick asian type hair.

Kazi Khadka
@kazi-khadka
12 years ago
22 posts

Hello everyone.I just started neglecting my hair a month before. I have got 4-10 inch long dense black hair with thick strand.

But the problem is, i can't see any progress on my hair. No lock seems to form on my hair at all. Thats why I made few dreadlocks by twisting method and thinking of adding more. But I am still going through natural neglect method.

Can somebody pleas tell me what can I do to make my hair lock? or is it impossible to form neglect dreadlock on my hair type?? because I don't want to give up that easy. Please suggest some tips and techniques for accelereting and maintaining the process.

Thank you.:)

Additional detail: I washed my hair with normal soap only two times but very carefully, I am so stupid cuz I knew it is very bad for your dreads.

updated by @kazi-khadka: 01/13/15 09:29:24PM
Tiffany burney
@tiffany-burney
12 years ago
12 posts
Hey man..i feel ur pain...I'm having the same issues...all I can say is give it time. Ur hair will lock in it's own time. That's all I got for ya bruh..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

4 inch wont dread till its 6 or more

normal soaps no fgood to use try the baking soda or a dread soap

wash caerefully and ascalp only if soap

wash wat=y more often 1-3 times a week

use sea salt sprays

add beads

dont mess with it dont wear hats

a months not that long

keep doing what i suggested a few months and u will see

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

1 month is no time at all. Some people will see progress that soon. But many wont. locks take around a year to mature. So you are only 1/12 of the way there. I didn't have mature locks until around a year and a half. SO don't feel like you are "behind' at all. It's not a race.

Wash 2-3 times a week. DO NOT rub your head with a towel to dry it. this will undo any knotting that is trying to happen. And get a lock-friendly soap.

Sea salt works well. Just a tad, though. ocean water is about 3.5% salt. So you want your mixture to be about that consistency.

Kazi Khadka
@kazi-khadka
12 years ago
22 posts

thanx for the suggestion..
i really appreciate that and i'll take that on account what you said..

soaring eagle said:

4 inch wont dread till its 6 or more

normal soaps no fgood to use try the baking soda or a dread soap

wash caerefully and ascalp only if soap

wash wat=y more often 1-3 times a week

use sea salt sprays

add beads

dont mess with it dont wear hats

a months not that long

keep doing what i suggested a few months and u will see

Kazi Khadka
@kazi-khadka
12 years ago
22 posts

thanx for a positive reaction.. i was worried that it won't form in my hair...
and thank you for the suggestion too..

Baba Fats said:

1 month is no time at all. Some people will see progress that soon. But many wont. locks take around a year to mature. So you are only 1/12 of the way there. I didn't have mature locks until around a year and a half. SO don't feel like you are "behind' at all. It's not a race.

Wash 2-3 times a week. DO NOT rub your head with a towel to dry it. this will undo any knotting that is trying to happen. And get a lock-friendly soap.

Sea salt works well. Just a tad, though. ocean water is about 3.5% salt. So you want your mixture to be about that consistency.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form