Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bandana or Tam?

Marcus Acosta
@marcus-acosta
12 years ago
53 posts

I just got hired at a Day Camp this summer and got out of wearing a camp baseball-style cap because I told them it would compress my hair too much. I'm gonna be outdoors most of the day and have the option of covering my head with a bandana so that I have my hair loose in the back or wearing a black wool tam that I own. What do you think would be the better option for 8 hours a day outdoors, during the summer, that will allow my hair to continue knotting up well and keep my comfortable. Bandana covering my head with my hair loose in the back or Black wool tam?

updated by @marcus-acosta: 01/13/15 09:29:15PM
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

haven't seen you in a long time:)

i would say bandanna. i wear them a lot and you can tie it so that its not to tight. i would think you would sweat a lot in the tam.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

alternate whatever u are in the mood for on that day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont sweat..at all but because of that over heat like crazy

a tam keeps me way cooler by l=keeping the dreads up off my back and neck

Heather said:

haven't seen you in a long time:)

i would say bandanna. i wear them a lot and you can tie it so that its not to tight. i would think you would sweat a lot in the tam.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Anjela
@anjela
12 years ago
2 posts

When it is hot, I prefer the old stand by...Bandanna! Especially since you are going to be outside in the sun that long.

Marcus Acosta
@marcus-acosta
12 years ago
53 posts

Thanks for the tips guys! I think I will try the bandana first and then see what feels most comfortable.

Heather--I know! I've been so busy with work that I have not been on recently. A couple months ago I did post an update thread on my progress though. You can watch the video here:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/natural-neglect-freeform-dreadlocks-1-year-and-2-months?xg_source=activity

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

wow! awesome progress! those ones in the back are amazing:) i'm not brave enough to do a video. lol. i haven't posted pictures since 14 or 16 months i think. i know theirs been progress but i just don't think it looks different enough in pictures.

Marcus Acosta said:

Thanks for the tips guys! I think I will try the bandana first and then see what feels most comfortable.

Heather--I know! I've been so busy with work that I have not been on recently. A couple months ago I did post an update thread on my progress though. You can watch the video here:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/natural-neglect-freeform...

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I think both should be fine but you should maybe get a tam that isn't black since that will really get hot. SE has a point about getting the hair off of your neck but, your hair is pretty short in comparison so it may not be a problem. :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Black will make it hotter, but funny as it might seem, while wool is an insulator, it also insulates cold. So if you poured a little bit of cold water on your head, not enough to drench your locks and cause problems, but enough to cool your scalp. and wear a wool tam, it will keep the cold in pretty well. But the Bandanna is better because your hair will be able to move freely. I'd alternate whenever you feel like it

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form