Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

android and iphone app

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hi guys and gals i know theres been alot of requests for an android and iphone mobile app well i believe i found a way to make it possible

but i want to ask a couple questions 1st

would anyone like to work on the apps with me? no experience nesacary id ljust like it to be a project a few of us work on together

next question

there will be an annual fee and a monthly charge for the app creation and update service

and i believe theres no way to add ads to cover the cost the only way to cover the costs would be a install fee

so what would u be willing to pay for the app

if your only willing to use it if its free thats fine say so

there maybe another way we can put an app together but it wont be as nice as this 1 and would have an ad

if you want the app and want to help put it together i would love to get a version done this week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:28:11PM
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

i would help anyway i can. the easiest way is adding support to services like appatalk or forumruner but you said the site wasn't supported. Those services have that annual fee but you can use ads. look at the app xda, there's two version, one with ads thats free and one without ads but doesnt have ads. so, whats on your mind? you going to code it?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no its an app builder service thats somewhat integrated so is pretty easy development but theres a monthly feee involved and i dont think they suport adding ads

but theres a couple diferent ones we can look into

it is somewhat expensive depending on how we work it out but might be worthwhile

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok so should we try to get it done real quick next few ays or wait till after i get back from the gathering and take our time with it

--
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

ill look at that program, google had a program for building apps but it was abandon.

i found two sites just by googeling easiest way to build android app

http://www.freeandroidappmaker.com/

http://andromo.com/

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

pop into the chat and ill show u the onres that are availiable

--
Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts

I'm curious to hear from the people requesting the app, what they actually want the app to do?

What's wrong with the mobile version of the website? Or possibly better worded: what will an app accomplish that a mobile version wouldn't?

Let me say for those people that aren't aware, there is a LOT of work that goes into creating and maintaining an app, as well as a fair amount of money usually. There is also not that much that an app can offer that a mobile version of the website wouldn't.

Also, the few websites I've looked at that supply you with an interface to ''create an app'', don't appear to have the ability to interface with a forum. I could be wrong on that account though, but I don't think so. If this is the case, it would mean someone would have to learn how to code just for a single app that won't accomplish much that the mobile version can't. Or find someone that already knows how to create apps and is willing to do it for free. The business of creating apps is rather ''lucrative'' from what I understand and is not something even an actual business turning a profit would want to think about before spending all that money.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly the 1 cheapest app maker does integrate nicely with this sites platform so it does have the forums blogs etc (just like the mobile site) but it costs too 100 a year publishing fee plus bout 50 a month for the ability to change it..or 250 if u never change it again (with no monthly)

i alrady sank 300 indto the dating site..no 600..and plentty of ppl said they were willing to upfgrade their accounts fir a small fee (2 dollars) i recovered 18 dollars from the 600

ive spent bout 500 so far on the new site www.phillyhangout.com

and its not realy getting much use yet

in order for it to be worthwhile to make this app i would need at least 1000 ppl installing it this year and every year

and usualy its about 3 or 4 ppl that seem to think its worth having an app

so yea what would u want the app to do that the mobile sites not doing?

keeping in mind the mobile sites still in beta and being added to

--
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

eagle with all of this in mind, i think its better to improve the mobile site then creating an app. its too expensive and not many people will pay for it. iphone/android users can bookmark the page in their homescreens.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well the mobile site s being redone no mastter what

we can do an app but what would u want the app to do that the mobile site cant

we';ll do it if its worthwhile but if its just a expensive aded version of the already existing mobile site o[iy=ts pou]intles

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form