Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ANY1 W DREADS OLDER THAN 2 YS STILL HAVE WAX??

nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
12 years ago
54 posts

any1 here have dreads older than a few ys and never got the wax out???
i cant get mine out i tried eveerything and want to kno is it that bad still?are the dreads still hard as they were b4?

updated by @nicole-hernandez: 02/14/15 08:37:33AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

How have you been trying to get it out? It will never come out in your normal washes. You need to do a deep clean with a wax removal soap. There should be something in the dreaducation link about it:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dread-wax-removal-is-finally

nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
12 years ago
54 posts

acv dawn wash i boiled i tried body splash, i tried wax b gone nothing wrks.i do not want to start oover but i feel like they are just still an not progressing bc of the wax

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

How many times did you use the dawn? It takes months and months of multiple sessions.

There is a wax remover that seems to look promising from dreadlockshampoo.com.

How many times did you use wax?

nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
12 years ago
54 posts

mayb like 5?but i nvr s a diff so i just gaveup. my dreads r really thick

prb 4 like a month straight i used.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You should do it before every wash. Just make it part of your washing routine. Id say it could take as many as 100 sessions to get the majority of it out, if not all of it.

So wash 2-3 times a week and work in the dawn soap with warm water before each one. Spend 2-3 minutes on each lock working the dawn soap in. Then wash normally

Dee4
@dee4
12 years ago
14 posts

It all depends on the type of wax you used. I started my dreads with a firm locking wax then found this site and stopped using wax all together. How I got the wax out was a difficult task. Use the blow drier and paper towels use the good kind because they do not leave lint behind and are more absorbent blow dry your dreads one by one and use the paper towel to absorb as much wax as possible. Do a hot wash and do an acv/bs wash just keep on doing the hot water washes and hope for the best. Good luck!!!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The blow dryer might work on some waxes, but for the most part, I'd worry that it would melt the wax and just get it more stuck and tangled in your locks. Melted wax is hundreds of times harder to get out than wax that was just smeared and palm rolled in

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well im assumming she melted it in like those scumbags recomend and with thick loks its extra hard to get out

the wax b gones probly your best bet to get it out but with thick dreads it can take alot of effort and many uses i wouldnt think as msny as dawn

the more u canwork the wax be gone into the dreas the better and maybe leave it on lil xtra long

what sort of wazx was used too that can make a big difference

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
12 years ago
54 posts

murrays beeswax and mango n lime wax

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus