Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Aluminium and Gluten in Bi carb?

Ashley Angel
@ashley-angel
12 years ago
1 posts
Hi, I have recently decided to let go and let my hair dread fortunately I found my way here early on and have been using the bi-carb acv rinses which I'm liking a lot as I have Psoriasis (a form of eczema) and anything with SLS makes my skin react even so called ones for sensitive skin have an effect.Anyway before I get too far off my point :-D I was looking on ebay to find BS in bulk as the local shops and supermarkets in my opinion charge way over the odds for it and stumbled across one that was free from Aluminium and gluten, thereby suggesting that it usually has it in.Now gluten I can understand as it is used in food etc, but Aluminium? This doesn't occur naturally, it is called bauxite (I think thats how its spelt) in its raw state and has to have a fairly involved process to make it. A lot of recent research has shown it to be fairly toxic stuff, so what the hell is it doing in Bi-carb?I only post this as I was wondering how many other dreadies were aware of this and also if they are do they/you know what difference either of them would make?
updated by @ashley-angel: 01/13/15 09:27:48PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you get baking soda, which is sodium bicarbonate, there is no aluminum in it. I don't know why they would advertise it as such. Sodium Bicard is Na2CO3. There's no Al in there. Arm and Hammer is what I use. Maybe others brands add aluminum to it, but if it's pure baking soda, there's nothing but sodium bicarbonate in there.

Aluminum does occur naturally in nature, and is very necessary for certain bodily function, but you get enough of it in other foods you eat. It's not something that is usually added as an ingredient.

Bauxite is an ore that aluminum is found in. It usually is in the form of Al(OH)3 or AlO(OH). That is how it is found in rocks. But aluminum is a naturaloccurringelement. It is just rarely found alone. It is mined in the form of rocks, and then refined

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

guess is that the type sold as a refrigerator destinkifyer (i know thats not a word) or deoderizer might have aluminum or possibly when sold as a cleaning agent..not food grade in other words

or there might be trace ammounts as a result of the processing..i dont really know

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Of all the forms I original products I can find, none have aluminum in them. It must be something added, like you said, as a cleaner. I don't even think it'd work for adeodorizer

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form