Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

nutragena anti residue vs dreadlockshampoo.com bars

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the other day i used nutragena anti residue shampoo for the 1st time in about 6 months , just cause i use jojoba alot and other oils and felt like a residue stripping is due every so often.

my scalp imediately rebelled.

a lil back history for years i had a scalp from hell ..a disaster area after trying the bs acv recipe my scalp was greatly improved but stikl not great then along came the dreadlockshampoo.com bars and my scalp was 100% prrfect not an itch not a flake

i suspected that a medication i was on fopr an unrelated skin condition (pemphugus) might have helped clear up my scalp too and since im lowering the dose weekly thought maybe thats why my scalp got bad after using the nutragena anti residue however i washed this time with the good old www.dreadlockshampoo.com bar and again my scalps happy and healthy (an hour after the nutragena is when i noticed my scalp getting crusty and it got worse and worse till i used the bars)

i dont know whats in the nutragena that cay=usd this (sls i assume?)

but i would definately say nutragena anti residue is not appropriate for everyday use on dreads..only use as a residue remover every few months

its way too harsh was way harder to rine out then the dreadlockshampoo bars

and

the smell

nutragena smells l;ike dirt..literaly

the bars smell amazing

but using it once every 6 months to strip buildup is ok i just wouldnt use it more often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:27:33PM
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i personally can't stand the smell of that neutrogena shampoo. the worst part is that the fragrance lingers for days and makes me nauseous. i would think a bs soak would work just as well at removing residues without the awful smell.

Frank Booth
@frank-booth
12 years ago
21 posts

After trying Prell again and having a really hard time rinsing it out, I'm due for residue removal as well.
Have you been having any better luck with baking soda, Heather?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

hey frank! ever since getting a shower water filter i'm able to do the bs/acv washes without any problems. i do find it a bit drying though so i don't do it every wash. since my hair is about 95 percent locked up now i've just been using some of the shampoos i have in the cupboard. right now i'm using up whats left of my desert essence lemon tea tree shampoo. i recently finished up my tea tree/rosemary shampoo bar. i think i'm just going to continue to use up the shampoos i have and do a bs/acv wash once in a while to remove any build up.

Frank Booth said:

After trying Prell again and having a really hard time rinsing it out, I'm due for residue removal as well.
Have you been having any better luck with baking soda, Heather?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form