Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New here

Luke Kwiatkowski
@luke-kwiatkowski
12 years ago
14 posts

Hello everyone. I just joined but I've visited this site from time to time over the past several months and I really appreciate all the advice. I definitely see the value in going the natural method. However, I just wanted to ask if this method will always work with every hair type. The reason I ask is that my hair simply does not seem to want to lock up on its own very well. I've never used any product besides soap, vinegar, and baking soda and sometimes some salt water but my dreads just don't look exactly how I'd like them to. I've been dreading for about 11 months and I feel like most people at this stage have more mature looking dreads than I do. I have many loose hairs and the tips are mostly very loose.
I posted some pictures; if anyone would care to take a look and offer any advice I would appreciate it.
I use Kirk's castile bar soap which claims to be residue free. Could the problem be with the type of soap I am using?
Thanks. I love this site!

updated by @luke-kwiatkowski: 01/13/15 09:27:03PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They look fine. Don't fret about the loose hairs. Even the most mature locks have loose hairs. Your's are about where they should be. The look a bit loose, but nothing to be worried about. Mine didn't even look remotely that good at 11 months. So you're way ahead of me. In a few more months they will tighten up and really start maturing, but for now they are coming along just fine

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome well your dreading fine some take longer then a year the soaop sure can be if you got hard water especialy also washing and drying techniques can matter and so can how you sleep

the tips are better off loose thougfgh so be glad about that

and

its not a race

you dont win nothung by dreading faster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Luke Kwiatkowski
@luke-kwiatkowski
12 years ago
14 posts

Ok thanks guys! I know it's not a race but sometimes it just discouraging to see people with better looking dreads who haven't even been dreading as long. Sometimes it feels like they're just never going to look any different but I know it just takes time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ill say u look way better with dreads then without so if your dreads looking good is so important isnt it also important that u look better now with fuzzty dreads then you do with no dreads at all?

try the www.dreadlockshampoo.com soaps instead and post in a month i bet theres a big improvement

i think its the soap thats giving u trouble

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ohh you crochetted that explains alot

every hair u pull in breaks a dozen more

plus crochet makes them take 6 months longer!
throw the hook away let them recover and they will dread fine

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Right, about the hook. And as the mature and get older, the changes happen much slower and moresubtly. You wont see them as much as you did when they were babies.

But Eagles right about the hook. Even a few uses sets you back months during recovery

Luke Kwiatkowski
@luke-kwiatkowski
12 years ago
14 posts

Ok thanks for the advice!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form