dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

6 months photos

Stigandi
@stigandi
12 years ago
22 posts

this is the process 6 months in

every few months my wife back combs the ones that come loose. Sometimes I get frustrated that the sides come loose but the back ones look very mature! I wash every few days. Dreads wont happen with dirty hair.

updated by @stigandi: 02/14/15 09:25:30AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

never rebackcomb but what are you washing with they will come loose then they will get tight but only if u leave em aklone and let em dread rebackcombing your only preventing any o]progress and resetting them to 1 day old

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

What SE said. You backcomb the first time and then neverrrrr again. Of course they'll loosen so that can make you think you need to re-backcomb them, but you don't. If you keep doing that you'll slow the progress. They dread best when left alone cos that's how hair dreads, they constantly loosen and tighten and shorten and loop and etc. However, they look cool :) well on their way, just be patient and don't worry about them and they'll progress.

Stigandi
@stigandi
12 years ago
22 posts

thx for the replies, however when I say I re-back comb them it is because the hair is straight aND without a knot in them. like they where never back combed at all.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If the sides are coming undone and the back is knotting up really well, it could have to do with how you're sleeping. I'm guessing you sleep on your back?

Stigandi
@stigandi
12 years ago
22 posts

yea I sleep on my back... I would leave the hair alone but my OCD wife is driven mad by it "it looks like you just stopped combing your hair" lol I will have to keep her from re back combing it again

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Try sleeping on your side. if you can. I know it can be uncomfortable. I can only sleep on my left side. Most people find that they grow they locks faster on the side that they sleep on. You hair gets more mashed around at night from the pillow.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

whsat are u washijng with and how that can affect things too but they are right your never gonna get dreads if u dont leave em alone when your wife says it looks like you just stopped combing your hair tell her right thats exactly what it should look like cause thats how u get dreads

backcombing doesnt get u drreads.. only not combing does that includes combing forward..and backward

the comb should never touch the hair again then it dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nixxi
@nixxi
12 years ago
10 posts

Agreed with previous posts! I used to try re-combing cuz I thought they were falling out and they'd never dread. (I was misinformed.) I realize now it totally slowed the process cuz all it does is break and rip the hair instead of letting it sorta weave together naturally. My hair is just starting to lock up now at 7ish months! They go through cycles. They get loose then tight then loose then tight then loose then tight....

Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts
When your hair comes out after backbombing, it means that your hair does not want to section that way. Depending on how your hair grows in, and how you wash it, and how you sleep, and how you live your daily life, all can affect how your hair WANTS to section.If you force a section into your hair, and then go to wash it or sleep, sometimes part of that section naturally wants to go one way and another part will want to naturally go another, so it only makes sense they won't stay together if something is pulling them apart.Your hair will find how it feels best and THEN it'll start knotting itself.and tell your wife that ''it looking like you lost your comb'' is part of the idea of the whole thing =p
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form