Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
kezz
@kezz
12 years ago
28 posts

Hi, I started my dread journey last week with the help of a few friends. I sectioned 1 inch sections and backcombed. No products so everything is a bit frizzy but thats ok I've prepared myself for a year of bad hair days. :) The only thing Im worried about is that I didnt backcomb tightly to myhead. I've left about an inch of loose hair at the roots. Is this ok? Im guessing it will just do its thing and dread up anyway?

Thanks

updated by @kezz: 01/13/15 09:26:46PM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Backcombing can be damaging, so the harder you do it the more damaging it is. It's cool if you didn't do it tight; more often than not they come undone, but that's completely normal, if it happens just leave them, let them do their thing. As for the roots, they stay loose for quite a long time, and after a while they start tightening on their own. So yeah, they're meant to be loose :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no matter how tightly u comb em to the roots in the bnext couple months they will loosen to 3 inches loose at the roots then slowly reverse course and tighten up by a year they will be back to 1 inch or less and when really mature stop at 1/2 inch

so get used to it they are as tight now as they will be for a long time..and nearly as tight as they will ever be the rest of your life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kezz
@kezz
12 years ago
28 posts

Thats cool, I dont think Id like them tight anyway. Rather have them loose :) Also, please tell me this itching wont last too long! :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wash em with the right stuff and often enoughand they wont itcgh

try www.dreadlockshampoo.com

they are the best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus