Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Spencer Livingston2
@spencer-livingston2
12 years ago
4 posts

The name's Spencer, just starting my dread journey now almost 2 weeks into it. I've always been incredibly spiritual throughout my life and always looked up to people with glorious dreads. I won't ever forget the first time i really learned about dreads at a psychedelic rock show when i was around 12 and i had never seen a hairstyle so intriguing. I asked the dreaded man about his locks and he described his journey and how his dreads are like roots in his mind connecting him to the world spiritually and i was blown away. Ever since then i've always wanted to dread my hair and now ive started my new journey. Hope to meet some interesting people here and maybe have my many questions about dreads answered. I tried to find a documentary on dreadlocks but no luck.
Peace and pot guys <3

updated by @spencer-livingston2: 01/13/15 09:26:10PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've heard that before. But it was long after I started mine. I started my first set when I was 17 but used wax and had horrible results. My next set was a few years later (I had to shave my head and start over). I was studyingRastafarianismat the time; Someone on a forum said that the thicker and longer your locks were, ther easier it would be for Jah to pick up your soul when you died. That hooked me. I'm not morbid, but I do think about what'll happen to me when I die from time to time.

I don't study anymore. I actually am a pretty devout atheist. But I am still spiritual in my own way, and locks are a big part in that for me.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Nice to meetcha Spencer. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welco e thats sorta simular to my story xcept i was a few years older..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spencer Livingston2
@spencer-livingston2
12 years ago
4 posts

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys (:
And yea soaring eagle i tended to be the youngest kid at the psychedelic shows i went to haha [:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form