Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks without wax

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

for a decade now certain sites have pushed wax as the way to "make" dreads, so much so that most people think wax is a must to create dreadlocks. However more and more the truth came out that wax actually prevents dreading and ruins dreads. But the question remains "how do you make dreads without wax?
"

Well lets look at this logically. It is known that wax only glues hair together to make it look like dreads. But prevents the movement needed to actualy dread. .

So it stands to reason that all you need to do to dread is allow the hair to move.

Could dreading without wax (or crochet or backcombing) really be that simple? Could a breeze, a bounce, a banging of the head, a dance , a shake or even a shiver be all you need to dread?

Literally..yes!

But i must explain 1 thing the reason wax was introduced in the 1st place....paranoia

paranoia that your hair won't dread

paranoia that your newly backcombed hair will unravel.(note i did not say reads backcombed hair is not dreads until the hairs allowed to dread)

and finally..paranoia that if you have 1 loose hair you will never get a job.

so along come these companies to ease your fears (while manipulating you into being even more fearful)

simply backcomb then apply your glue and they will never unravel at all (because they cant) well if baby dreads cant unravel, how are they supposed to dread?

your baby dreads (aka backcombed hair) cannot move to loosen up it cannot dread either, no new knotting from day 1!

so how do they convince you that it makes dreads mature in 2 months instead of 1 year? (well 1st they convince you it take 4 years to mature without wax)

wax hardens! palm rolling compresses the existing backcombed knots into wax which hardens makimg the "dreads" (which are more like candles) to become harder when squeezed therefore seeming tighter and more mature.

but a close examination reveals the hairs more like straight hair stuck together!.

and what about those loose hairs that will prevent you from getting a job? well..1st off your more aware of them then your boss is.. a few hairs out of place are hard to see unless you look very very closely..

and

before ypu dreaded you worried you would be fired if you got dreads so you kept ypir hair loose..

now they got you convinced the dreads are ok your boss won't mind..as long as you get rid of all those loose hairs you held onto for so long..

so which is it? your boss hates dreads? your boss hates straight loose hair?

if he/she accepts drads why wouldnt they accept loose hairs in dreads? ..if dreads and loose hairs are an issue then only skinheads can have jobs..

see how they feed into your paranoia?

will your hair be messy without wax early on? yes but it has to!

will it unravel if i backcomb without wax? maybe but its ok it will dread right back up (u never had to backcomb anyway)

will it take long to mature without wax? hard to say all dreads dread at differet rates but it will mature which waxy dread won't

1 thing is for sure

you will love your dreads way more

if thay arent so sticky and stiff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:26:08PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

that messy stage causes you to build character too. The more you have to deal with ignorant people making comments, the more you learn about yourself and grow. You will become a stronger and moreIndependent person.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly and the messy stage is beautiful and organic..and fun and exciting

--
Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

i agree with you guys. my dreads are in that really messy and wild stage right now, and earlier today when i was out walking and getting shopping done for my first wash tomorrow and a group of people decided to mock me having dreads. when they did they showed just how ignorant they really were and it made me happy that i wasnt that ignorant.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I love my locks. They are seriously mature. But when I look at my pics from when they were young and babies, I get sentimental and miss that stage once in a while

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Love this :) it makes 100% sense. We should send this out to all the people on the DHHQ Facebook page lol. But nah, most people just...don't believe until they see the results, since they look like mature dreads on the outside. And everyone who starts off wanting dreads for non-spiritual reasons hate the idea of messy or loopy, frizzy, non-mature dreads. So it appeals to them. I mean, it appealed to me because I didn't want the journey, just the end result. Whereas now, I love the ones that are mature or almost mature, but the ones that are looping are the best, they excite me to the point where ignorant comments don't dampen that excitement and happiness.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

do it

but warning

i tiold someone on there not to use rubber bands and jonny clean reported the post as harrasment..crazy huh

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form