Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting over, finally (neglect, bs/acv/essential oils)

Brando420
@brando420
12 years ago
12 posts
It's been a few months since I chopped off my last set, and have been waiting for my hair to grow back out a little.I did my first bs wash yesterday, and already noticing a little separating. For my wash I use: 1/4 cup of baking soda, 2 parts spearmint essential oil, 3-4 parts eucalyptus essential oil, 4-6 parts patchouli essential oil, 8 parts rosemary, 16 parts lavander essential oil and rosewater concentrate (oil mix is best when given at least 48 hours for the scents to blend, then drop desired amount of pre-mixed oils into your soak/wash/spritz/etc); mixed into 1/2 gallon of water for wash.I hope you guys enjoy the thread. I'll try to update it regularly (weekly/monthly/when the urge strikes me).For now, here are some pictures from today (again, first wash was yesterday). enjoy
updated by @brando420: 02/15/15 07:12:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your hair grew out alot so im guessing it was way more then few months since u chopped your last set off..and why did you chop?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brando420
@brando420
12 years ago
12 posts
Just checked the date, it's been a little over year since i chopped them, my bad lol.I decided to get rid of my first set because I wasn't happy with the way that the back-combing was unraveling and turning into a HUGE mess, not to mention that the roots weren't locking at all.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

after a year? were u using wax or something?

what else had u been doing

--
Brando420
@brando420
12 years ago
12 posts
I did use wax after getting them done the first time, and thought i did a decent job removing it all before switching to the bs/acv, I may not have though.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

or no srry (havent had coffee yet) i misread how old were they when u chopped?

well you know to go natural it will go thru a roots not locking mes for awhile too

--
Brando420
@brando420
12 years ago
12 posts
They were a little under a year old when I cut them.I'm aware that it will go through phases when dreading naturally, THIS time I'm just skipping all of the unraveling/hassle of getting them back combed.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

What do you mean "parts" with the oils? "parts" means a fraction of the mixture. I in a 1/2 gallon, you'd have something like 15 1/2 cups of oils I think you mean drops of oils. That's a ton of oil. If you mean drops, that's 34 drops of oils. In 1/2 a gallon, you shouldn't have nearly that much oil. the 3-8 drops of each is fine, but 16 drops of 1 oil is a lot. maybe cut that one in half too. You don't want to make your hair oils again. You natural oils will do that.

And yeah, it was the wax that made them into a huge mess for so long. When you go natural, they will be really messy for a while, but not nearly as long. And once they start to come under control, they do it really fast. My hair was a hideous mess for about a year, but then they just exploded into neat, clean, more mature locks in a few weeks.

Good luck, and yeah keep the pics coming

Brando420
@brando420
12 years ago
12 posts
My bad, should have clarified that a little more. I do mean drops of oil, however not all in one wash. As I did say in my OP, pre-mix the oils, and drop the desired amount into your wash/rinse/spritz/conditioner/etc
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Oops, yeah. I just got caught up in the "parts". That makes so much more sense. And you're right about giving the scents time to blend

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form