Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads need a little love!!! please help:)

Nova taylor
@nova-taylor
12 years ago
5 posts

hey everyone, im still pretty knew to the site and love looking at everyones beautiful dreadlock pics, but mine need a little help!!

iv had my locks for about 14 months. i started out backcombing and useing wax, but stopped with the wax after about 3 or 4 months (only useing it once in a great while, now i dont use it AT ALL). i now wash my hair every few weeks with dr. bronners, and sometimes with sea salt water. thats it, its been pretty natural for the past 5months, but i still havent seen any progress in my dreads. the roots are SO loose. i have hairs flying everywhere and they wont seem to grow into my dreadlocks. in some places it more then just a few hairs, its more like clumps of hair, and the first inch of my dreads is extremly loose. is there anything i can do ? all of this hair everywhere really bothers me!! i love my dreads cause thy are messy and bumpy and very unique, but i almost feel like they may be falling out or continueing to get looser. any suggestions??? jah bless!

updated by @nova-taylor: 01/13/15 09:25:40PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

have you removed the wax? wax will prevent locking, be sure to remove it all.

wash your hair 2-3 times a week for baby locks, once a week once mature (wash more often than you are). washing helps knots form, clean hair dreads fastest.

the roots will be loose & have to be in order to knot, i think it's 2-3 inches will be loose & then they start to dread a little closer as they mature.

if you have loose hair between dreads it will either create a new lock or suck into a nearby one, if the loose hair is on a dread it will work itself in eventually, be patient, give it time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

definately wax causing the issue and oiliness from not washing enough also bronners might not be the best option (i love that u didnt bother getting dressed to take those pics haha and not in a pervy way just like that your that confy with us)

what id suggest is wax b gone u waxed for several months thats alotta wax buildup thats gonna really prevent progress

then wsash 2 or 3 times a week with either bs/acv or dreadlockshampoo.com

if u are oily and its not just bronners builduop then 2x a week

if there is alotta bronners buildup then u might want to do a nutragena anti residue treatment or suave anti residue

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nova taylor
@nova-taylor
12 years ago
5 posts

thanks guys! ill try the anti residue treatment and start washing them a little more, iv never actually removed the wax... i just figured if i stopped using it it would eventually come out... what really bothers me is the hairs that are not part of any dreadlocks, not the looseness.

thanks again.. and hopefully i will be able to post an update pic in a few weeks and they will look better!!

lol and i deff didnt feel like getting dressed right away this morning:)

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

the wax won't just wash out, it needs to be removed. info on how to & wax remover if you want/need it.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-why-ya-dont-want-it

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dread-wax-removal-is-finally

the loose stuff will work out no matter what it is ;) good luck & enjoy!

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/faqs#roots

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/faqs#hairs

Nova taylor said:

thanks guys! ill try the anti residue treatment and start washing them a little more, iv never actually removed the wax... i just figured if i stopped using it it would eventually come out... what really bothers me is the hairs that are not part of any dreadlocks, not the looseness.

thanks again.. and hopefully i will be able to post an update pic in a few weeks and they will look better!!

lol and i deff didnt feel like getting dressed right away this morning:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wax does not ever just come out its evil stuff thats extremely hard to remove and cab-=n survive 10 years of washijng and inthose 10 years prevenyt dreading too ithasto be removed

with extreme effort

start by doing vinager soaks and then very hot wayter anddawn dish soap scrub like crazy order the wax b gi[one keep doing the acgv/dawn hot water thing till you get the wax b gone then do several wax b gone treatments followed by very hot warter and dawn

when i say very hot i mean hot as u can stand without burning yourself (your too pretty to be scared for life so be carefull)

the more wax u remove the better

when they wax is all gone u will probly see more progress in a week or month then u did in a year of waxiness

--
Nova taylor
@nova-taylor
12 years ago
5 posts

thanks again guys. i have started to remove the wax and wash them more often.. the wax is still not complety gone, but i allready see and feelprogress!!!all your info really helped:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i figured all youd need was to start removing wax to see great progress

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

glad to hear you are getting it out & seeing progress now, can't wait to watch them grow & form.

Nova taylor said:

thanks again guys. i have started to remove the wax and wash them more often.. the wax is still not complety gone, but i allready see and feelprogress!!!all your info really helped:)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form