Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Strange compliments

fire dancer
@fire-dancer
12 years ago
13 posts

I had a friend tell me my hair looked like a "hot mess" on Friday. When I said thank you and smiled, she had a look on her face that implied it wasn't meant as a compliment. What are some of the strange compliments you have gotten, or rather, remarks not meant to be taken as such?

updated by @fire-dancer: 01/13/15 09:25:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

strangest was you look like jesus can i pray to (not with..to) you?

then there were the one s like you look like rob zombie that i think they meant as a compliment but i took as an insukt..lol

ohhh

and this was many years ago i dunno if u ever saw the movie/cocumentary "slackmers" and saw a dready dude selli9ng t shirts? well i knew him from around town and he was gonna make a t shirt with my picture and a caption saying "a gentler kinder manson" lol but anyway i met charley mansons nephew at a party and all night hes following me aroundcalling me uncle charley..not a very comfy thing haha i was trying to avoid him but well me and a freind were diing an experiment to see what sort of conversations and situations we could get into at this party by just ni=odding and saying yes or uhuh to everythung everyone said (somehow i eveded up with anew girlfreind from just nodding lol) but anyway because i had to stick to that rule it was hard to avoid a conversatuon with this weirdo

so for that whiole night i was uncle charlety to charles mansons nephew

creepy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
fire dancer
@fire-dancer
12 years ago
13 posts

Have you ever tried that experiment again? lol

I just loved the look on her face when she was trying to insult me and I thanked her!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha no just the 1 time

it worked surprisingly well thouygh had some really intersting bizzzare conversations and nobofdy at all caught in to the fact that we were just nodding and saying uhuhuh

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I showed my mum one of my...I don't know what to call them...those flat, weird-shaped mats at the end of the dreads...and I was all excited cos it was a cool shape, and she said, "it looks like a dog's tail." My supportive mother :P but she didn't understand it's anything to be happy about, so I felt it was a good thing.

fire dancer
@fire-dancer
12 years ago
13 posts

Haha, thanks guys! keep em coming. I think it is noteworthy to state, the same "friend" that complimented me, has senseCOMPLETELY stopped talking to me!

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Mine aren't even fully developed yet, but my grandma tried insulting me by telling me I looked like my Hungarian Puli dog. What she did not take into consideration is that I adore my dog(s), and that I think Pulis are the most beautiful dogs in the world. :D She god kinda pissed when I smiled, thanked her,hugged and kissed her. :D

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I'm lucky, my nan likes my dreads. She's always loved my hair so I was worried about her reaction, but I walked in and she was like, "Ooooh, I like your hair like this," and that was that lol.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Well, I can honestly say that all of the compliments I've gotten so far have been pretty positive and straight to the point such as, "I love your dreads!", "They look great!", and I had one girl constantly touching my hair telling me her ex-husband had dreads and she loved them and can't wait to see how mine turn out. :P

I have however received death-glares, double takes and avoided eye-contact....

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Haha! Rebecca, I actually probably would have death glared right back at them at one point in my life but now I just turn a nice big smile in their direction. People who care enough about appearances will get really, really embarrassed when they realize you caught them dogging you and you couldn't be arsed to care.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form