Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What I do to keep from meddling with my 3mnth old dreads

FREEBIRD
@freebird
12 years ago
15 posts

At times i get the urge to crochet, wrap, bead, and just play and mess with my dreads. I used twist n rip. have a ton ofhair and didn't section them all the same size.I want to wait until they are sumwhat mature before I go decorating them, and I feel crocheting will not make me happy in the long run. Yet I still may do it to some just to see for myself what will happen. Yes I'm one of those people...LOL What I've done is bought a whole bag full of sting, beads, rubberbands, yarn,a crochet hook, and hair clips:) Then I bought some fake hair. What i do is make my own dread extentions to clip in my hair from time to time. When I get the urge to go messing with my own dreads I have even more fun making clip in extention dreads and mine are left alone to take their path. I also look at dread pics online to keep me motivated :) I've bought a ton of wraps for those dayz I feel uncomfotable letting the younglings loose. I learned how to do everythingfrom youtube vidoes and this site. Then I put my own little creative twist to it. Hope this helps someone :)

updated by @freebird: 01/13/15 09:25:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

before you go crocheting your own dreads make an extention and ..crochet it obsessivly every day for hours a day

after a few months and hundreds of hours of crochet see how weak and damaged they are and you wont have to ruin your drads experimenting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Take down or cover up your mirrors. When you don't look at yourself and your progress every day, you won't feel like there's something you should be doing. Only look at your locks in the shadows they make on the ground or in passing reflection in car windows.

This seemsbizarre, but it really worked wonders for getting me to stop caring about how mine looked. Plus I worked for UPS when I was first starting. Being in a truck all day with nothing to look into made it all the easier

FREEBIRD
@freebird
12 years ago
15 posts

Thanks for the advice. I will stick to croceting extentions instead of doing ita few ofmine if I can muster. Can'tignore thedreadlock master:) I like the way my dreads look with a bandana or something but am apprehensive to let them go all out at times, there is nothing uniform about thesebabies. I'm ok at work cuz I wear a hat. I'm starting a different college soon and ordered some wraps from the site on this page.Just now imsitting in the living room with husband watching tv and he, out of no where bust out with....guess who's coming to dinner.....Natty dreadlocks!!!(deep voice) LMBO :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form