Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can beads help?

Katherine Kerscher
@katherine-kerscher
12 years ago
3 posts

There's hear tell of beads. Saying that they can help your dreads. Apparently Tams too. Can they? and how?

updated by @katherine-kerscher: 01/13/15 09:25:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yup and yup

beads 2 ways 1 keeop]=poing sectionsd from acidently being pukled apart and 2 pushing them on they push some hairs up creating loops which will make unefvebnesss and that leads to knotting

tams wool tams they alow movement within the tam but also provide compression to tighten but also wool has a loose electron that easily jumps to other natural materials ..what that does is cause a static charge that repels or attracts this can help lead to knotting too

some think the roughness of wool helps as well but i belive its more the static charge

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

srry bout typos eyes are very blurry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

without beads i probably would still be waiting for knots to form. beads were a huge help for me. get some small ones and put them on as close to the end of the sections as possible. once the knots start to form move the bead to another section.

tams helped me too. i used to wear them to bed and saw the most help.

Katherine Kerscher
@katherine-kerscher
12 years ago
3 posts

Where I can I buy beads (besides online)?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

most craft stores have beads. also walmart has a craft section.

Jon Danner
@jon-danner
12 years ago
1 posts

Depending on how fat your dreads are, beads can be a pain to find. I have a couple I was able to buy, but most of mine I had to make. Online is a good source, but craft stores can have what you need on occasion. I'm also a fan of dread wraps, I normally have one of two of those in my hair at all times.

If you're up to making your own, one of the simplest methods is to get a piece of bamboo from a craft store, and cut it into the lengths you want your bead. Since bamboo is already hollow, you don't have to worry about carving out the center. Also, since it's wood, you can burn cool designs into it! I added a pic of one I did the other day.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form