Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help! strange feeling roots

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

Ive had my dreads for about 2 weeks now and I've washed them 4 times in them two weeks (about every 3 days) using the BS and ACV wash. At first it felt great but then on about my third wash my hair started to feel strange and just after my last wash my roots feel really odd. it feels like someone has sprayed lots of hairspray on my roots like there not crispy or anything they just feel really stiff and clunky.

I used the backcomb and the crochet method but luckily i found this website about 2 hours after getting them done so i have never crochet them since having them done or done anything other than wash them and separate them on a morning.

I sleep with tights on my head to stop them getting all tangled in the night and i use 1tbspoon of BS with 8 drops of rosemary oil, 7 drops of lavender oil and 4 drops of tea tree oil pour it all over my hair and leave in for about 10 mins then rinse and follow with 1 tbspoon of ACV with the same amount of oils then rinse everything out with cool water then just leave them to dry.

I thought maybe i wasn't rinsing them properly so this morning i just powered through all of my dreads with the shower not using anything but when they have dried my roots still feel the same.

Any suggestions on what it might be or what I'm doing wrong i really dont know :(

updated by @harriet: 01/13/15 09:23:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

my guress..sleeping with tights over your head

i dont know why youd do that but i bet that can cause that

try not doing that a few days..leave m to be free

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

Okay thank you Ill try it out tonight see what its like in the morning :D

Also i live in england and a lot of people talk about different water types on here not being good when using the BS wash. I recently found out that i live in a "moderately hard" water area so would i need to change how i wash my hair or is that type of water fine?

soaring eagle said:

my guress..sleeping with tights over your head

i dont know why youd do that but i bet that can cause that

try not doing that a few days..leave m to be free

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ITS NOT THE HARDNESS THAT AFFECTS THE BS ITS THE ALKALINE WATER AND ENGLAND HAS A DOUBLE WHAMMY OF HARD AND ALKALINE

SO ITS POSSIBLE THAT CAN CAUSE ISSUES

damn caps

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

Okayy ill have a look round some more discussions see if i can find some dread friendly shampoo that i can use along with the BS wash. Hopefully that will help :) Thank youu

soaring eagle said:

ITS NOT THE HARDNESS THAT AFFECTS THE BS ITS THE ALKALINE WATER AND ENGLAND HAS A DOUBLE WHAMMY OF HARD AND ALKALINE

SO ITS POSSIBLE THAT CAN CAUSE ISSUES

damn caps

Mechell Arant
@mechell-arant
12 years ago
56 posts

Try lightly drying your roots with a hairdryer with a diffuser once a week or so to spring your hair's natural body back...also, try dropping your essential oils just a few drops, you might be just a bit heavy for your scalp.

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

Im due for a wash in about 2 days so i will decrease my oils by a few drops then and see what happens, hopefully that will make a difference

Mechell Arant said:

Try lightly drying your roots with a hairdryer with a diffuser once a week or so to spring your hair's natural body back...also, try dropping your essential oils just a few drops, you might be just a bit heavy for your scalp.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form