Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The Moose's Quest For Dreadlocks

MooseHead
@moosehead
15 years ago
9 posts
I'm planning on starting my dreadlock journey in a few weeks with twist/rip to section and then continue with the natural/neglect method from there. I just I'd start with discussion and post a few pics of my undreaded hair in preparation for when I start the dreads.My hair knots so easy that I think I'll have a relatively easy dreadlock journey compared to come people here. I've looked as a lot of pictures of how people look with the natural method and I've worked out that after only 12 hours after brushing my hair completely knot free, it has made the same progress as most people have made after several weeks. Like, I can already see my hair naturally sectioning itself after 24 hours.That's why I've decided to loosely twist and rip my hair into sections when I finally do start growing my dreads. I think that my hair is so easily knotted, it would grow into one uni-lock before I knew it and really had to section properly. I've actually woken up after 2 days of not brushing and had to spend an hour brushing the back of my hair from a 'beaver tail'.I spend so much time trying to keep my hair knot free, I feel like I am fighting against my hair's natural want to dread. I think it's trying to tell me that my purpose in life is to have dreadlocks. haha Just look at the attached pictures.Anyway, I look forward to joining the world of the dread soon.
updated by @moosehead: 01/13/15 08:28:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
if u had help id just rip b4 and after bed every night for a few days..then when theyte formed just after bed every day till theyre pretty dreaded then u can slow to weekly as they maturebut thats me if u wanna twist n rip thats ok..or.. u could presection, twist just to get in beads..orsince ya knot up so fast..knot rip knot.. by that i mean rub your head like crazy with wool to get some knottiness started..rip into sections..repeat i bet ya can knock out the 1st 4-5 days of progress in an hour that way and get some relatively formed sections beginin to dread..i guess yas could always try on a small area and seemy ex bro in law was japanese and his hair would literaly become 4 or so massive dreads overnight if he didnt braid it b4 bed so i know wheree your commin from..in a way i think presectioning and beading then take a nice nap would get ya on the way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MooseHead
@moosehead
15 years ago
9 posts
Thanks for the help SE - yeah, I'd rather go as natural as possible. I was only considering twist/rip to make it easier for me to section.Hadn't been able to find much info for people like me with "too easily" dreaded hair. Most people have the opposite problem. heheMight try the 'knot rip knot' and then bead like you suggested. :)Oh, and I'm going to be starting me dreadlock journey in the next few days now that I'm finishing off all of my final assignments and can properly focus on my dreads.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form