Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need helps, i have 4 weeks old crocheted dreads and decided to go natural :D

Di Meola
@di-meola
12 years ago
6 posts

Hey guys, my name is Meo, I'm from Indonesia.

I always wanted to have dreadlocks from a long time ago and i decided to let a loctician made it for me about 4 weeks ago, bad decision though :(, but thank God i found this forum before it's too late :D.

My hair has been crocheted 2 times, the last time is about 10 days ago. I wash my hair about 3 times a week, using baking soda, acv, and tea tree oil. At this time they're looking good for me (from the outside :P), and most of them around 15 cm/5'9 inches long.

and this is how do they look from behind :)

After i did some researches, i found out that the natural is the best method. So i would like to ask, is it possible for me to go natural without retwisting them first? :(

Thank you for your helps :D

updated by @di-meola: 02/14/15 10:02:04AM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Why would you need to retwist them? Course you can :) just leave them alone and let them repair themselves and dread, you'll be fine.

Di Meola
@di-meola
12 years ago
6 posts

Hey Tara, thank you for your answer. I heard that some people with crocheted dreads decided to retwist theirs first before going with the natural method :/

All right, so all i have to do know is just leave them alone? no need to twist the loosen tips?

Thank you :)

Tara C said:

Why would you need to retwist them? Course you can :) just leave them alone and let them repair themselves and dread, you'll be fine.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nah no reason just leave them alone but crochet recovery is a slow pe=roces but if u wash and ser\perate and do nothing else eventualy they will "naturalize"

they just need plenty of time is all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Di Meola
@di-meola
12 years ago
6 posts

thank you for the advice SE,

so if i separate them first and neglect them later, they will lock faster than if i neglect them in this crocheted condition?

thank you once again :D

soaring eagle said:

nah no reason just leave them alone but crochet recovery is a slow pe=roces but if u wash and ser\perate and do nothing else eventualy they will "naturalize"

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wait what do you mean by seperate if you mean undo them and start over well thats hard to say criochet recovery does take 6 months about but neglect can be fast..or slow

i wasnt talking abiout seperating as in taking them out i meant just as dreads dread they tend to try to combine eat eachotherr or congo and thety need to be seperated aso 2 drwads dont become 1

its up to u if u want to starrt over or just leave em alone seperate as neeed and letthem naturalize

Di Meola said:

thank you for the advice SE,

so if i separate them first and neglect them later, they will lock faster than if i neglect them in this crocheted condition?

thank you once again :D

soaring eagle said:

--
Di Meola
@di-meola
12 years ago
6 posts

ahh i see, i thought "separate" means retwist haha

well thank you once again, this is so helpful to me :D

soaring eagle said:

wait what do you mean by seperate if you mean undo them and start over well thats hard to say criochet recovery does take 6 months about but neglect can be fast..or slow

i wasnt talking abiout seperating as in taking them out i meant just as dreads dread they tend to try to combine eat eachotherr or congo and thety need to be seperated aso 2 drwads dont become 1

its up to u if u want to starrt over or just leave em alone seperate as neeed and letthem naturalize

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well

retwisting is done instead of "popping' as some call it which is also called ripoing or seoerating retwisting tho is more harmful to the scalp and roots but is typicaly only f]dine in africabn type hair i doubt it would do anything useful in otherr types

--
Di Meola
@di-meola
12 years ago
6 posts

it seems that i've been misguided about those terms :P

i've been added my photo, feel free to comment :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow look pretty stiff typical for crochetted dreads

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form