Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlockshampoo review

AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

First, let me say, it shipped on THURSDAY. It got here an hour ago. The first thing I did was jump in the shower. I LOVE the way it smelled, right off the bad. I always put my shampoo in dry hair, and I was surprised how well it lathered without adding water. (that's a good thing) It really didn't take much, so it'll likely last quite a while, and it got my hair cleaner than it's been in a long time, even having used BS and ACV the last few weeks.

The only thing I was disappointed about, and I really shouldn't be anyways, is that it rinsed out so well it didn't leave any smell behind; I was really hoping to smell like patchouli. But, in the long run, that's a good thing, because it means it's not leaving any residue in my hair. Overall, I plan on buying more as soon as I have some money.

updated by @allornothing: 02/14/15 11:03:32AM
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

*bat

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why do u shampoo in dry hair? you should wet it 1st

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nea
@nea
12 years ago
2 posts

I love the shampoo and it smells great. I love waking up smelling of patchouli (: ....Idon't haveresidue the day I use it but the next day it starts and gets worse. I shampoo 2 days a week maybe I should shampoo 3 or 4 ? I don't know what to do. Sometimes it bothers me so much thatI can't sleep because I'm so itchy...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wash more then

--
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

A person tends to get cleaner and use less shampoo. Wetting first creates a barrier that your shampoo has to get through before it can get to the dirt. If you apply to dry hair, you're only putting shampoo where you need it, and in greater potency; thus eliminating the whole 'half my shampoo rinses out while I'm lathering' problem. Plenty of it rinses through the hair as you rinse, so why use extra just to get it there?

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wont work with bars and i always assumed the hair has to be wet to have the shampoo do any good

ive never heard this before ever

but then again i dont shampoo under the water stream so its not rinsing away while i latgher you grt wet so it spreads and lathers then you get under the water and rinse it through

AllOrNothing said:

A person tends to get cleaner and use less shampoo. Wetting first creates a barrier that your shampoo has to get through before it can get to the dirt. If you apply to dry hair, you're only putting shampoo where you need it, and in greater potency; thus eliminating the whole 'half my shampoo rinses out while I'm lathering' problem. Plenty of it rinses through the hair as you rinse, so why use extra just to get it there?

soaring eagle said:

--
nea
@nea
12 years ago
2 posts

Sounds plausible. Thank you, great tip!

AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

Well, I got liquid. You're right, though; with a bar that wouldn't work. But it's worked very well for me for the last 8 years, so I can't imagine it's hurting anything, and I use less shampoo that way.

Mechell Arant
@mechell-arant
12 years ago
56 posts

Lather is a chemical reaction that needs water though...but as long as it's working.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form