Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ultimate Timeline

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

So I have an idea. I have a wedding I gotta be in in June, my dreads are only a week old, and about 6 inches long. I was thinking since I'm not incredibly far along, and the friend I will be standing for in the wedding comes from a very conservative family(hates dreads) I may start the ultimate timeline. I would start from scratch, shave my head today the first day of spring, and post a once a month pic for the timeline. until I'm dreaded up via neglect. I'm still gonna think about it but whats your opinions?

updated by @james-turk: 02/14/15 04:18:31PM
James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

Thanks for the reply yogisunshine, I agree it would be quite a test of patience. It would be interesting to start from absolutely nothing and just watch nature take it's course.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wil;l; take a full year ti get long enough fir a single dread

just dont shave let it dread after or make yoyr freind accept u dreads or no dreads who cared what he hates? wait for wedding but dont shave

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

It's not him, it's his family, but either way your right why should I let it bother me. Like I said I'm still just thinking about it. I may really hate myself if I stop what I've already begun, I'm leaning more towards keeping them, but also thought it might be an interesting timeline. Ah screw it I'll keep e'm. I love dreads to much to chop'em. Thanks for settin' me straight.

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

I'll charge my camera today so I can post some pics!

James Turk said:

It's not him, it's his family, but either way your right why should I let it bother me. Like I said I'm still just thinking about it. I may really hate myself if I stop what I've already begun, I'm leaning more towards keeping them, but also thought it might be an interesting timeline. Ah screw it I'll keep e'm. I love dreads to much to chop'em. Thanks for settin' me straight.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

good we saved another :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Is the bride ok with your locks? If so, ask her to go all bridezilla and insist you keep them. I'm getting married in July, and as much as I want to do some things at my wedding, like be barefoot and such, I accept that weddings really are for the bride. If she wants you to look presentable, comb them out and start over after the wedding. If she is cool with them, and won't care if you have locks in her wedding pics, then keep them. Her family is probably paying the bulk of the cost anyway. So his family should have no say at all in what goes down.

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

Very true, I will ask and make sure he brought it up with her, and see how she feels about it, I believe that my friend has covered the majority of the costs though. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I've been married for 5 years now! Time flies. Thanks

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

I talked to the bride this morning and she's cool with it too, so we're good to go, I don't have to comb them or cut them. Thanks for the advise.!

Baba Fats said:

Is the bride ok with your locks? If so, ask her to go all bridezilla and insist you keep them. I'm getting married in July, and as much as I want to do some things at my wedding, like be barefoot and such, I accept that weddings really are for the bride. If she wants you to look presentable, comb them out and start over after the wedding. If she is cool with them, and won't care if you have locks in her wedding pics, then keep them. Her family is probably paying the bulk of the cost anyway. So his family should have no say at all in what goes down.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Good to hear.

All I'm going to do for my wedding is maybe rub some aloe onto them to keep the frizzies down. It works, but Aloe is a conditioner, so I won't put it on my new babies that are growing in

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form