Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Brushing out backcombing and going natural

Gabriel Schubert
@gabriel-schubert
12 years ago
13 posts

Hello all. i am going to comb out my backcombed dreads. its not because i am impatient, its because my scalp is really really itchy and i think natural dreads would be better and healthier. most of them came apart on their own anyways, and if i start natural i will feel alot better. i have read a lot of the information on this site and its helped me come to this conclusion. do you think its a good choice? please help.

thanks

updated by @gabriel-schubert: 01/13/15 09:21:56PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

well from the backcombing, your hair is now kinked in so many places, and no longer just as straight as it would be otherwise, so i think it will knot up faster when you comb them out, n just go natural. unless you straighten your hair back out to its natural straightness.

Gabriel Schubert
@gabriel-schubert
12 years ago
13 posts

no i dont want to straighten it. i think i will feel better about myself as a person too as weird as that sounds. not taking the easy road yanno? no offense to anyone with backcombed dreads because they are awesome too but its just something i feel i need to do.

Change~ said:

well from the backcombing, your hair is now kinked in so many places, and no longer just as straight as it would be otherwise, so i think it will knot up faster when you comb them out, n just go natural. unless you straighten your hair back out to its natural straightness.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i cant say for sure it will make alotta diference in the itch but you will be happier with them

the itch can be fixed if thats the only issue making u start over tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gabriel Schubert
@gabriel-schubert
12 years ago
13 posts

no thats not the only reason, like in the comment i said above i think this will be more rewarding. and i will love a few years down the road when people ask me how i got them and ill just be able to say nothing. i did nothing, these are 100% natural

soaring eagle said:

i cant say for sure it will make alotta diference in the itch but you will be happier with them

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in that case by all means just comb em out extra gently and let em dread

Gabriel Schubert said:

no thats not the only reason, like in the comment i said above i think this will be more rewarding. and i will love a few years down the road when people ask me how i got them and ill just be able to say nothing. i did nothing, these are 100% natural

soaring eagle said:

--
Gabriel Schubert
@gabriel-schubert
12 years ago
13 posts

thanks again SE, for all you do on this site. youve already helped me half a dozen times and ive only been a member for a few weeks.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

im always happy to help...anyone

thats how strangers become friends

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form