dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crocheting!

Marissa Brower
@marissa-brower
12 years ago
2 posts

Hey guys,

I had someone crochet my hair into beautiful dreadlocks about two months ago. I loved the idea of crocheting because there was no product used in my hair, but I haven't taken a crochet hook to my dreads since they were completed and I don't plan to. I really don't want to deal with maintenance in that way.

I was just wondering if anyone had any helpful tips on maintaining my dreads in a natural way. I am worried that my roots will start to lock together, and I am not really sure how to make sure my roots continue to dread. Also, they are pretty frizzy. I know that this is totally normal, but I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to maintain the frizz. I am new to the whole dreading process so bear with me.

Thank you :]

updated by @marissa-brower: 01/13/15 09:21:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well crochets a horible method thsat caused extra frxzz due to the extreme damage it caused

crochet slows priogress by 6 months too

the rootswill dread themselves

justseperate bypulling the dreads away from eachother

do that often do not do anythng about loose hairs or forcing roots to dread

the crochets already doneenough harm from here on leave em alone wash and seperate and thats it

no maintenance but that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marissa Brower
@marissa-brower
12 years ago
2 posts

Awesome! I know now that crocheting probably wasn't my best option, but thanks for the advice. I will sit back and enjoy the ride :]

One more question, I have one root on the side that is flattening out, probably from headbands or from wearing them back quite often. Any tips on how to fix that?

Read more: Crocheting! - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/crocheting#ixzz1pD7pCmkL
the best place for real dreadlocks
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
soaring eagle said:

well crochets a horible method thsat caused extra frxzz due to the extreme damage it caused

crochet slows priogress by 6 months too

the rootswill dread themselves

justseperate bypulling the dreads away from eachother

do that often do not do anythng about loose hairs or forcing roots to dread

the crochets already doneenough harm from here on leave em alone wash and seperate and thats it

no maintenance but that

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the roors will generaly round well dreadss in general as u sleep on em they flatten 1 way,..then another and that tends to make em round but they shoukldnt be perfectly round like crochet dreads in fact the 1 that stays flat or looks weirdest will be your fave

--
wurdido
@wurdido
12 years ago
8 posts

tie em up on top of your head while you sleep (like a ponytail, but on the top instead of the back). it helps a bit with the frizz. And remember "love and patience is the best maintenance"

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well said

brought to mind something tho

abusive relationships some people think love requires hitting abuse and finaly ending in repetitive stabbing motions

i guess some people can fool themselves into thinking stabbing a dread with a hook is giving it love

just like a control freak will say i only lock you in your room beat you thriow acid in your face set you on fire and stab you or strangle you cause i love you

i know that people who crochet dreads arent more likely to abuse lovers im not making that claim at all just an interesting observation how its easy to feel like your giving your dreads love while stabbing stabbing stabbing them ti death

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form