Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Worried Dread Head.

Anna Welcher
@anna-welcher
12 years ago
11 posts

I don't know If I'm freaking out for nothing, but my dreads are flat, they're shrinking up, I have TONS of loose hairs, my roots are growing out like crazy! I'm not sure what to do, or who to believe. I'm getting alot of comments on them saying I need to rubberband the roots, If I remember correctly when I first got on this site, someone told me that was the WORST thing I could do. My head looks like a mess, am I in a weird one year stage? Or am I far behind and need to do something? Please Help! Thank you Kindly! -Anna

updated by @anna-welcher: 02/14/15 09:12:33AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

who toldu that flat isntan issue loose hair isnt an issue are the roots well seperated though?

it sounds like they are perfectly fine tho not mature yet

1 to 2 years is mature usualy

your lil but nit far behind

pics?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

natural i guess riggt?

its totaly not unusual to not be fully mature at year 1 honnestly your dreads look great!

you couldr try switching up your washing maybe

try 1 of theshampoos instead

or try adding sea salt sometimes

--
Anna Welcher
@anna-welcher
12 years ago
11 posts

I think Washing may be one of the issues, I wash like 3 or 4 times a week...I think I'm over washing. I'll put up an updated picture here soon.

Anna Welcher
@anna-welcher
12 years ago
11 posts

Here they are.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt say over washing but that is lil much 2-3 times a weeks fine and the new liquid shampoo migt help u too u could try switching up 1 then the other and do that 2 times a week i mean like si[unday bs wedsnday shampoo

since usuingthe bars i wash only cause i love how it feels to wash em with them not cause i feel itchy dirty or like i should wash

i can go 4 times as long as ui used to without feeling like i should wash i feel way cleaner way longer but i wash as often just cause its enjoyable

and love the smell

--
Anna Welcher
@anna-welcher
12 years ago
11 posts

Yeah I'm not washing because they itch, I seriously just take alot of showers. But thanks for the tips! I posted a picture also..They're just crazy..,

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they look great! just chunky fatties you can safely tell the rubberbab[nd recomendersthey dont have a clue what they are talking about youyr dreads are fine justthe way they are

--
Kelly S
@kelly-s
12 years ago
6 posts

They look lovely, you don't have to worry. :)

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I don't have any advice to give, I'll leave that to the people with more experience, but your dreads are looking fantastic :) I don't see any reason for you to worry.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form