Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not exactly dread products, but...

Callalala_KnOtTy...
@callalala-knotty
12 years ago
32 posts

I was thinking of how much people with undreaded hair actually washed their hair, and found that a lot of people actually wash their hair with shampoo instead of organic products or whatever, so I got curious as to the ingredients in some of the shampoo's, so I researched a few of the ingredients and found that:

sodium laureth sulfate - shampoos containing sodium laureth sulfate can lead to direct damage to the hair follicle, skin damage, permanent eye damage in children and even liver toxicity.

sodium lauryl sulfate - shampoos containing sodium laureth sulfate can lead to direct damage to the hair follicle, skin damage, permanent eye damage in children and even liver toxicity.

cocamide MEA - considered a chemical of concern

glycol distearate - The concerns for this chemical are mostly around its use as a food additive - yes that's right, they put this stuff in foods

cetyl alcohol - mixture of fatty alcohols

magnesium sulfate - Magnesium Sulfate should be given very cautiously in the presence of serious impairment of renal function since it is excreted almost entirely by the kidneys.

The principle hazard in parenteral magnesium therapy is the production of abnormally high levels of magnesium in the plasma. Such high levels may cause flushing, sweating, hypotension, circulatory collapse and depression of cardiac and central nervous system function. The most immediate danger to life is respiratory depression.

ammonium laureth sulfate - irritating to the eyes, skin and lungs among other concerns such as organ system toxicity, neurotoxicity and possibly even changes to the body on a cellular level.

After finding that out, I found it hard to believe that a lot of people think washing their hair with that makes their hair healthy, and themselves healthy. Makes me proud that I am on this dread journey, and I feel much healthier.

updated by @callalala-knotty: 01/13/15 09:19:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dreadheadhq refuses to remove SLS from their shampoos. Claiming is harmless. One thing that you didn't mention is that is also linked to cancer concerns. Johnny clean claims to know more about cancer than the American Cancer Society and claims it's safe. But yet it is nasty what people use to wash their hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Callalala_KnOtTy...
@callalala-knotty
12 years ago
32 posts

I really am glad i'm not putting any of that into my hair, I don't think the ingredients of shampoo gets recognized as much as it should do

soaring eagle said:

dreadheadhq refuses to remove SLS from their shampoos. Claiming is harmless. One thing that you didn't mention is that is also linked to cancer concerns. Johnny clean claims to know more about cancer than the American Cancer Society and claims it's safe. But yet it is nasty what people use to wash their hair

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form