Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Day two of dreads

Denver Lee
@denver-lee
12 years ago
21 posts

So this is my first trying out dreadlocks, I made a new years resolution to do something new ive never done before at least once a month so thought this would be sweet.

Tips and advice is much appreciated, all I did was twist and rip a bit and im going to let the rest dread its self as it grows.

updated by @denver-lee: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Belle Neilson
@belle-neilson
12 years ago
4 posts

Hey, welcome!

I am also on my second day of having dreads so it's nice to see someone else who is incredibly new to this!

Yours are looking great so far, I wish you the best of luck with them :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well, you'e on the right start. TnR is a great method to start with, but as you said, you don't need to do anything else afterwards.

All you really need to know is that you HAVE TO wash them. and often. 2-3 times a week with a good residue free shampoo. What are you using now? Liquid soaps are better for now locks. When they mature, you can, if you want to, switch to a bar, but it's notnecessary. Just make sure they dry completely between washes. And separate them as needed. Usually ever 2-3 washes, depending on how fast the lock up. some people need to separate after every wash. Don't overdo it though. If you try to make them perfect, you could end up pulling out more hair than is needed and delay the locking process. Just separate enough to ensure they don't congo into huge mats.

As for where you are now. They look great. keep us posted with your progress. There's a forum for journals and timelines you might like to post in

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you're off to a good start. Congrats keep us posted and started a Timeline

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Denver Lee
@denver-lee
12 years ago
21 posts

thanks everyone, I got some Dr bronners so ill be using that to wash. I think I will start a time line, thanks for the idea

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

SE gave what I'd consider to be the best advice, which is to not look in the mirror at them. The progress always feels all the more quick and substantial that way. But yeah, everyone's covered the other tips I'd think to give you; it really is very low maintenence, just relax and enjoy it :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form