Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baby Dreads and rain

Lennard White
@lennard-white
12 years ago
2 posts

Hi everyone! so i have baby dreads. they are just 1 week and 1 day old and yesterday on their one weekanniversary i ended up playing football in a rain storm. while playing at least 2-3 inches of rain fell. after playing yesterday i tried my best to dry my hair but the gel in them from when i got them started wasnt drying. today mostly all of the gel is dry, but i have a severe case of the frizzies and a couple of my dreads are starting to come out. what can i do to help this cause? i am thinking of getting a re-twist for the first and only time just to control the loose hairs. I know that getting a re-twist isn't best for my hair, but i am strongly considering it. anymore suggestions?

Also my hairline on one side is kind of further back then on the other side, and i wanted to know is there anyway i can get them close to even without pushing myother side back to even it? its really not a problem because i don't really care about it but i would like to have them even.

Thank you all.

updated by @lennard-white: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Don't worry about the frizz and loosening. I would wash some of that gel out. I would not go back for the twisting. You don't have dreads yet. You have twist held in jail. They need way more than a week they should be or get wet and washed it will get fuzzy it will get loose. They need months to dread. Have you been washing them? it's been over a week so I would wash them.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lennard White
@lennard-white
12 years ago
2 posts

understood, i will not worry about the frizzies and loose hairs. i haven't washed them just yet and the only time they have been wet was yesterday. the reason for this is because i thought i needed to wait a little longer before washing (around 2 weeks to a month) so that i dont wash them all out when i wash. i have been wearing a shower cap in the shower to protect them. how do i go about washing the gel out tonight without washing the dreads out with it? after washing what can i use to help hold them in for class this week?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well the geks onkly holding em in twists they gotta be able to move to dread

id try the vbaking soda soak since its a no scrub method and wont undo progress

the hairs gonna loosen then dread

if u want aw gel thats worthwhile the 1 oin www.dreadlockshampoo.com wont restrict movement build y[=up or flake

washing actualy helps dreads

the locticu=ian way is glue the hauir toigether

nefver wash it

and twist it to death

yea it will lock up eventualuy all hair will

but its nit a great way since clwean hair dreads v=best

u nevrr had to twist just wash and wait and dreads form then seperate em to keep em from getting to big

every wash will help em dresd more but since you started witgh twists 1st wash or 2 will probly lose some of the tighteness of the twists and let em start to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form