Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How long does hair have to be to dread?

Crystal2
@crystal2
12 years ago
24 posts

I had my dreads for about 3 years and for a variety of reasons I cut them off about a month ago... huge mistake, I hate my hair and I want mydreads back. I backcombed last time and did the wax thing for the first year. This time I'm thinking about going natural but my hair is pretty short now. How long doesmy hairhave to beto dread up?

I'm doingsome things right now to help it grow faster but these are things that also prevent it from knotting up (hot oil treatments, lots of scalp stimulation...). I'm just wondering at about what length I should stop these things and let the dreading begin :)

updated by @crystal2: 01/13/15 09:18:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

multi part answer

theee is no set length just generalities so ill explain

african textured hauir dreads real short ..under an inch typicaly sometimes 1/4 inch even

caucasian hair tends to dread bout 6 inches naturaly

bout an inch longer then u need to tnr or backcomb

u can start lertting it dread at bald and u might get dreads by 2 or 3 inches tho typicaly it might not dread till u reach 6

tho many who do neglect from real short do seem to dread shorter then average but takes a while to grow and dread'

longer it is the quicker it dreads

if your nearl[ing 4-5 just let it go and wait

u can also switch to biotin supliments and no oil treatments

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Crystal2
@crystal2
12 years ago
24 posts

Ok, thanks for the response. I guess I should probably wait a few more months or I know I will get frustrated.

How long does it need to be to backcomb? I will probably wait and go natural anyway, just curious...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form