Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newbie from Nor Cal

Paul O
@paul-o
12 years ago
10 posts

Hello my fellow dreadies. My name is Paul and thanks to SE's video on youtube I found this great community here. I have always wanted dreads as long as I can remember. I was not able to start growing them due to my parents during my adolescent years, when I got married and had kids my wife would not support me in this journey and lastly the professional jobs I had would not allow it. So the last year and a half I just started letting my hair grow and since I was able to wear a hat at work I was able to just tuck my hair up and figured I could get away with that for a while. Well in the middle of Oct I married my girlfriend of 4 years and when we got back from our honeymoon I was laid off. I figured this was the right time to start growing dreads and had several discussions with my wife. She is very supportive of everything I do and want to do. So I decided to start my dreads on Jan. 1st. Well I had a hard time trying to find information on dreads, I know people who did the whole back comb and wax and to me they just look to perfect (manufactured) and they had them done as a hair style not a way of life. After watching SE's video I started lurking on this site reading everything I could, pro's and con's and what I was looking for spiritually. I finally decided on Dec. that I was starting my journey and I did. Tomorrow will be 2 months and I can't even express what this has done for me inside and out. I had already started changing my life 2 years ago religiously reading Buddhism, Rastafarian and soul searching. I had a really bad first marriage and I needed to cleanse my body and soul. We also started a Raw food diet 14 months ago and am really seeing the benefits of that. Now adding in dreads I feel free. I am doing and living the way I want. Not everyone agrees with it or respects it but it's not for them. The only fear I have is not being able to find a job. I am still unemployed and the type of work I do is professional with lots of meetings. The town I live in is very accepting of my type of life style or others like me. I am sure I will find a job but it won't be the type of job I used to have. That's ok with me since we also started simplifying our lives and home. As long as I can make enough to support the household I will be happy. So in a nut shell that's my story. Looking forward to making many new friends here. Peace and blessings to all

updated by @paul-o: 01/13/15 09:18:36PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form