Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

music from the rainbow

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it took 48 whole hours to put together (partialy due to a browser crash that lost about 8 or 10 hours work) but i finaly finnished putting up a collection of nearly 500 songs and other recordings from many rainbow gatherings over he years

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/rainbowfamilydreadies/page/rainbow-family-music-collection

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:18:09PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

very nice. It give me an idea of what to expect and whatstyleto bring with me when I come one of these days

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well if u listended to most of em you'll see its extremely diverse styles

tho ofcourse with no electricity the musics gotta depend more ofgn talent then technoklogy..haha

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If I go with my normal group, we'll actually have a big enough van for us all to take our instruments. Normally we can only fit my room mates guitar, my djembe, and my girlfriends mandolin. Now I'll be able to choose between my drum, bass, didje, or uke, and my girlfriend will be able to bring her guitar

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

people bring pianos and carry them up the mountains

people bring bagpipes koras berimbaus things u never seen ort heard of

in fact

1st gathering i was at..long long ago

there was a music tent full of instruments from harps to drums and guitars

near that was a 30 foot tall hollow tree with a hollow opening near the roots

somewone climbed up it set up a perch near the top smoothed the top opening and stretched a skin over it

near that was a pit..30 fet accross in the earth with a huge skin stretched over it (assume it wasnt skin or was skins opeiced together) so they had a tree drum and earth drum

theres usualy also a drum making camp newar woodstock villiage where you can make youir own drums

this is a kora

at 1 gathgering this beautiful japanese sister came strolling by and had a kora and within minutes a jam developed as a manadalin sitar and guitar and drum flute and sax joined her

she sang a bob marley tume so sweetly and beautifully all with this odd assortment of instruments for a reggae tune

definately memorable momments..come to think of it might have been a banjo in there too

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I knew what a kora was. I know a bunch ofrandominstruments. If you'reinterestedin them, you'd love me basement.

If I had the time to learn it, I'd bring my hammer dulcimer

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hammer dulcimers are awesome i assume you know where ringing rocks is in bucks county? its a glacier boulder field but the rocks each have a diferent ring to them when struck with a hammer years ago went out there with like 20 ppl hammers hammer dulcimer and sitar and recorded a bit it was cool

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

nice.

Of course I know where it's at. I thought one of my pics was taken there. It's probably on my girlfriends flikr page. But yeah, been there a few times.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form