dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New, free and in love

Brazen Winds
@brazen-winds
12 years ago
2 posts

Hello to anyone and everyone who reads,

I wanted to share with you my spiritual journey. I have finally given myself locs. They were done in an act of removing self suppression. Not wanting to regret what I never did, and to remove my thoughts that depended too much on others choices and opinions. I wanted to do this, and I did it.

I am 29, and I am near 13 weeks pregnant. I am in a high, my awarenesses in current states is unbelievable, my senses are heightened and I love it. Being myself, and loving my new growing baby, I feel so calm. The changes as they come are magical, giving appreciation to life and free choice are beyond the words I have at the moment, the feeling within is dream like.

On a day off of work, 6 days ago, I collected my dreading things and prepared myself for the change that I had contemplated for such a long time. Since I had done them for others I was sure I could do them for myself, confidence is key. I took a large mirror and set it up on the couch, got comfy, played a movie and went to work. Starting at the back I knew I didn't want a super organized approach. I am whimsical by nature, so i felt the roots, how big they wanted to be, where they wanted to be. By days end I was left with a very puffed head of hair and another happiness to glow about.

No part, wonderful braids in some, truly a happy outcome, and my Dear Love loves them too!

Thank you for making it this far, kind wishes of self love, and peace. .... (I need to put up a picture of myself, but I joined the site at work, I will later in the day.)

updated by @brazen-winds: 01/13/15 09:18:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what "dreading things" how do yoiu do dreads for oithers

most locticians do them all wrong so id be a lil curiuys as to ghow u dreaded

just a note

while prego your hair thins alot so its not the ideal time to start but they will recover and be fine

provided you didnt wax or cri=ochet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brazen Winds
@brazen-winds
12 years ago
2 posts

Brazen Winds said:

What i mean by dreading things is a metal dog comb. That's all it was, my list of one item. When I was young I used to have a chow, and we (my fam) used a very heavy duty metal comb for her mats. I got to thinking if this could take out knots, it could put them in, and the bristles wouldn't break while doing so. It's a magnificent tool cause the thing is one piece of metal. I've had it for about half my life.

For the process, all I did was some backcombing. Nothing super fancy, except for some whispy ends. I am not a professional, I gave them to my ex a couple times, so I felt like i knew how to work with the hair, and the tool. I have also given myself singles every now and then. I have heard of crocheting but I've never tried it before. And I don't like the idea of wax. it picks up crap, and makes pillows gross, that stuff would make me break out. I also like to feel water on my head.

To your note, I thot about the hair thinning.

During pregnancy your body/scalp slows down on releasing hair, it isn't until after birth your hair starts to fall out, but it is the hair that the body didn't release during the pregnancy .. my hair isn't thinning, and won't thin anymore than to what it would be prepregnancy.

thanks for your curiosity. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form