Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi! I'm Susannah

granolamama
@granolamama
12 years ago
1 posts

Hey guys... I'm Susannah. I got dreads last week using tnr method and I'm loving them. I wanted to go natural, but knew that I didn't have the patience so tnr seemed the most appropriate option for me. I watched a ton of youtube videos to prepare and after everything I saw, this just really seemed like the best choice for my lifestyle. Having to add wax and use a ton of maintenance seemed awful, partly because I don't like putting unnecessary additives on my body and also, as a mom with three kids I just don't have the time. Everyone also complained about how much backcombing hurt and that seemed terrible.
I had wanted dreads for a long time, probably since some time in high school, but put it off for a long time party because of sites like dhhq and kb. A few years ago I started researching dreads and those sites gave me the impression that you either needed to buy a "dread kit" that was outrageously priced or have nasty, dirty hair. Both options were out of the question for me, so I delayed. And I'm so glad I did. Fast forward to now and I met a mom at my local homeschooling co-op who had dreadlocks and decided to gift me her kit. So, kit in hand I started watching youtube videos to prepare myself (why hadn't I done this before?) and realized that my kit was completely unnecessary. So, a friend and I set to tnr-ing each night for about three nights in a row last week after the kids were in bed, and now.... chemical free dreads!

Other things in my life that I feel passionately about are homebirth (I've had two and would love to be a midwife someday, but that dream is on the backburner while I raise my own kids), breastfeeding, cloth diapering (and pretty much trying to replace all of our disposable products with reusables), baby wearing, and homesteading (not there yet, but dreaming and making plans)

So, feel free to chat with me. I'd love to hear from you.

updated by @granolamama: 01/13/15 09:17:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and really glad ya found us and didnt use the kit

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form